Two Chicago police officers are being investigated by the FBI and the Independent Police Review Authority, after beating two brothers at a South Shore storefront. Surveillance footage obtained by our CBS 2 Investigators is at the center of that investigation.
A former deputy police chief for Des Plaines, who claims he was fired after he blew the whistle on police brutality, has filed a federal lawsuit against the city.
North Chicago Mayor Leon Rockingham is fighting back on a recent allegation of police brutality by a woman who claims she was battered by a North Chicago police officer on two occasions.
A dozen protesters have been charged after a rowdy demonstration that spilled onto the Magnificent Mile, but the protesters claim police were the ones who were out of control.
With the NATO summit five days away, demonstrations are becoming more intense. CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports on a so-called militant march against police brutality Tuesday evening.
The girlfriend of a North Chicago man who died after he was beaten by police is telling a different story than officers.
One North Chicago police officer has been fired, and another is suspended without pay, in connection with the brutality allegations by the family of a man who died after being beaten during an arrest.
A police audio tape has surfaced in the case of a North Chicago man who died after he was beaten by police.
A south suburban police officer accused of tripping a teen and later grabbing him by the throat after the boy made a wisecrack was found not guilty during a bench trial on Monday.
The Lake County Coroner’s office says police blows and a Taser shock are to blame in part for the death of a man who was involved in a confrontation with North Chicago police last November.
It’s been months since a 45-year-old man died one week after North Chicago police officers allegedly beat him during an arrest, but Lake County authorities have yet to issue an autopsy report. Attorneys said Wednesday an independent autopsy proves Darrin Hanna died from police brutality.
After just six days, the man who was appointed interim police chief in North Chicago has decided he doesn’t want the job.
The accusations come after Darrin Hanna died in an encounter with North Chicago police in November. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman reports.
Without admitting wrongdoing, the City of Chicago has settled a federal lawsuit with a family who claimed their children were attacked by a Chicago Police detective and were left frightened for years.
Two brothers who claim they were beaten by Chicago police officers when they were mistaken for robbers as they were leaving the liquor store where they work have filed a federal lawsuit seeking more than $180,000 in damages.
The college student slapped multiple times by a Chicago police sergeant while handcuffed tells his side of the story to CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot.
In a federal lawsuit filed Monday, a man claims Chicago Heights police officers dragged him out of his vehicle and punched him while his two-year-old son watched.
A cash reward is now being offered, in hopes of getting to the bottom of an incident in which two University of Chicago grad students say were beaten without provocation by Chicago Police officers.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4345
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!