A Naperville restaurant worker who was arrested and charged with using his cell phone to surreptitiously film a woman in a restroom has failed for the second time to appear in court to answer charges in that case.
An anonymous caller prompted Elgin Police to visit the home of 51-year-old Sherry Dove, on the 100 block of Villa Street.
Strangers have been coming together to provide a funeral for a newborn baby boy, whose body was found inside a cooler at a suburban recycling plant last week.
Leading Illinois law enforcement organizations stepped up their opposition Wednesday to legalizing marijuana for medicinal use, warning Gov. Pat Quinn in a letter about lax motorist safeguards on a day a committee moved the measure to the Senate floor.
Police officers and dogs have been searching two suburban schools, after officials found a bomb threat written on one of the buildings.
A police officer pulled over the driver of a car driving with its brights on and speeding early Sunday morning to discover the front-seat passenger had been shot. The victim was later taken to Presence Saint Joseph Hospital in Elgin for his injury, police said.
Steven Prosser says he can’t even begin to know how to thank the men who saved his daughter Annie the night that she and three others were in a car that was submerged in a retention pond off of I-88.
Volunteers and police officers returned to the Des Plaines River on Saturday to resume searching for the body of a missing toddler from Maywood.
Naperville police want to talk to anyone who may have used the woman’s bathroom at a particular Naperville restaurant. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
Deputy Chief of Police Brian Budds says the goal appears to be “to lure these youths into the car and cause them harm.”
Chicago police officers were out in force Friday night, nearly a week after youths caused disturbances near and along the Magnificent Mile.
The head of a north suburban law enforcement agency was defending tactics used in a couple of raids carried out in the last several months.
Chicago Police have released a sketch of a man who used a baseball bat to brutally beat a father of four in Jefferson Park.
65 year old Sharon Balleu is suing the Village of Melrose Park because of her missing dog.
It turns out a 33 year old woman was found dead in her Elgin townhome this weekend moved in just a week ago.
Some would say Cecil Smith is jumping into the fire with his next professional move. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
The latest stick-up occurred as Loyola campus police officials are exploring the idea of issuing electronic stun guns to its officers. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
The victim of an alleged abduction and carjacking that began in Chicago’s River North area early Friday and ended in northwest suburban Schaumburg wants police to stop their investigation and will not pursue charges if the alleged offender is found, according to police.
A coalition of Cicero officials and one Chicago activist are hoping for a little more cooperation in the area of bridge between the two communities.
Police arrested 43 people and seized illegal drugs with an estimated street value of $23,000 during a series of raids around the city Thursday and Friday.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!