President Barack Obama
On Thursday, the entire Illinois congressional delegation and Gov. Quinn asked President Obama for federal flood-relief funds.
Another Chicagoan could soon join President Barack Obama’s Cabinet. The president nominated billionaire and longtime fundraiser Penny Pritzker to be the next U.S. Commerce Secretary.
The Obama Administration is holding a second and final public hearing today in Chicago on its controversial plan to sharply cut air pollution from cars, starting in 2017.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk said he’s concerned about the increasing tensions between North Korea and the United States and its allies.
President Barack Obama is picking Indiana to go all the way in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
The president spent time Friday at several stations at the facility that research how cars use energy.
Chicago businesswoman Penny Pritzker has resigned from the Chicago Board of Education.
With no deal in sight to avoid $85 billion in automatic federal budget cuts – known as the sequester – airports could see delays, some public services might be disrupted, and many federal workers could be forced to take lower pay, layoffs, or mandatory furloughs.
Murder charges have been filed against a man in connection with the shooting death of Janay McFarlane, 18, who was gunned down Friday just hours after her sister stood on stage with President Barack Obama as he delivered an address against violence.
President Barack Obama made a pitch for tighter firearms controls as well as economic measures that he says could improve young peoples’ safety in the long run.
Two Chicago area residents have received invitations to attend President Obama’s State of the Union address, for markedly different reasons.
Carolyn Murray was invited to the State of the Union by U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill).
An emotional Mayor Rahm Emanuel said the 15-year-old girl who was shot and killed in Kenwood, a week after performing with her school band at President Obama’s inaugural, was “what is best in our city,” and the gunman who killed her was a “punk.”
Eight people were slain in various shootings in Chicago over the weekend, but Chicago police maintain their crime-fighting strategies are working.
The focus returned to hot button issues like gun control, for which U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel have been pushing hard. Some Democrats in Congress have been hoping for compromise on at least part of their agenda.
Though it was Obama’s second inauguration, there was no less enthusiasm from the crowd, which stood and cheered as they watched a live telecast of the inaugural proceedings.
With President Barack Obama’s second inauguration coming on the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Holiday, Monday has been a day of special significance for African-Americans.
The president announced he will press Congress to pass legislation requiring background checks on all gun purchases; reinstate the ban on military-style assault weapons; renew a 10-round limit on the size of ammunition magazines; and prohibit the possession, transfer, manufacture, or import of armor-piercing bullets.
Former Diddy protégé Shyne has gone on a Twitter tear against the president. The Belize-born rapper has been calling out President Barack Obama for not doing more to curb the murder rate in the president’s hometown of […]
President Barack Obama on Wednesday pledged to move quickly on tightening gun control laws. He formed a task force to give him recommendations within a month.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!