The winning point for Tiger Woods. A perfect record for Jim Furyk. And validation for U.S. captain Fred Couples. The Americans won the Presidents Cup as a team, 19-15, avenging their worst loss ever in any cup competition 13 years ago.
With the restrictions stemming from the lockout, Bobcats owner Michael Jordan will not go to Australia to be an assistant captain for the U.S. team at the Presidents Cup.
Circle Nov. 17-20 on your must-see-TV calendar. That is when the Presidents Cup is to be played at Royal Melbourne. Thanks to Greg Norman going boxing weigh-in with his Tiger taunts, that golf tourney just got a whole lot more interesting.
Coming into this weekend Bill Haas was a long shot to win the FedEx Cup; but after 4 rounds in the 60′s and winning the TOUR Championship in a playoff, Haas is walking away with $11.4 million.
Keegan Bradley loves the Atlanta area. Bradley is leading the TOUR Championship after the first round with a 6 under 64.
Who will Fred Couples select for final spot on the Presidents Cup Team? As we head into the TOUR Championship the first 11 members are already selected and Couples will watch the four rounds and then make his decision.
It’s not quite the “fifth major” for Justin Rose, though it’s a big deal. He spent last week at the “J.R. Challenge,” named after himself and involving seven of his best friends from childhood who meet each year for a week of golf.
Jim Furyk and Geoff Ogilvy will have to play some of their best golf in hopes of advancing to the Tour Championship and being selected to play in the Presidents Cup.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!