If you’re fantasy baseball draft hasn’t happened already, it’s going to be happening soon. Here’s a look at the top five players at each position.
Game 4 was the most exciting game of the World Series – a back-and-forth affair that took 10 innings to decide. In the end, though, the result was the same: a Giants victory. Here are five things you didn’t know about the game.
The Giants took a commanding lead in the World Series last night, going up 3-0 after defeating the Tigers by a score of 2-0 for the second straight game. Here are five things you didn’t know about the game.
Brett Anderson outdueled fellow playoff first-timer Anibal Sanchez and received stellar defense all over the diamond, and the upstart Oakland Athletics avoided another playoff sweep by Detroit, beating the Tigers 2-0 Tuesday night in their AL division series.
Doug Fister set an AL record by striking out nine straight batters and the Detroit Tigers kept their lead in the Central, beating the Kansas City Royals 5-4 Thursday on Alex Avila’s grounder in the ninth inning.
Miguel Cabrera homered twice, including an eighth-inning grand slam, and the Detroit Tigers had no trouble overcoming an early injury to right-hander Max Scherzer in a 12-2 rout of the Oakland Athletics on Tuesday night.
Lonnie Chisenhall singled in the winning run with one out in the ninth inning to give the Cleveland Indians a 7-6 win over Detroit, dealing the Tigers a crucial loss Sunday.
Max Scherzer pitched six effective innings to earn his career-high 16th win, Prince Fielder hit a three-run homer and the Detroit Tigers beat the Chicago White Sox 8-6 on Wednesday night to move within a game of the AL Central lead.
Zack Greinke pitched seven strong innings of five-hit ball, Mike Trout hit a leadoff homer for the second straight day and the Los Angeles Angels completed their second straight series sweep with a 3-2 victory over the slumping Detroit Tigers on Sunday.
Detroit’s Prince Fielder became only the second player to win multiple titles in the All-Star Home Run Derby, thrilling the crowd at Kauffman Stadium with eight splash shots into the right-field fountain and beating Toronto’s Jose Bautista 12-7 in the final Monday night.
Miguel Cabrera, Ryan Raburn and Austin Jackson homered during an eight-run rally in the sixth inning Tuesday and the Detroit Tigers beat the Chicago White Sox 10-8.
Prince Fielder homered and Rick Porcello pitched impressively into the seventh inning to lead the Detroit Tigers to a 3-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday.
Gerald Laird homered among his three hits to back a strong outing by Rick Porcello and lead the Detroit Tigers to a 5-2 victory over the White Sox on Sunday, snapping Chicago’s four-game winning streak.
Peavy is clearly frustrated with how his career with the White Sox has gone, admitting that he came to the White Sox injured and has pretty much had something hurting ever since.
Prince Fielder will start making the big bucks right away with the Detroit Tigers.
Prince Fielder is among the best left-handed hitters in baseball, and Cubs fans are excited today because of Tuesday’s news of the Detroit Tigers signing the All-Star first baseman out of the National League Central.
The Tigers weren’t content with just winning the AL Central in 2011. No, they needed more.
Fielder has agreed to a nine-year, $214 million deal with Detroit, who weren’t considered one of the favorites to land the ex-Brewers slugger.
Not only are the Cubs not players for Prince Fielder, but Theo Epstein plans to completely rebuild, according to a report.
One MLB expert thinks the Cubs appear to be one of the favorite teams to land free-agent slugger Prince Fielder.
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.228
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!