Coming into this weekend Bill Haas was a long shot to win the FedEx Cup; but after 4 rounds in the 60′s and winning the TOUR Championship in a playoff, Haas is walking away with $11.4 million.
Luke Donald and Phil Mickelson have a real shot at winning the Tour Championship and the FedEx Cup, but they might a little help from the top ranked FedEx Cup players.
Adam Scott is two rounds away from making a good year into a great year. Scott leads the Tour Championship, but would need FedEx Cup Point leader Webb Simpson to finish in the bottom half to have a chance at the FedEx Cup and the $10 million bonus.
Keegan Bradley loves the Atlanta area. Bradley is leading the TOUR Championship after the first round with a 6 under 64.
After years of consistent play and only won a few times on the PGA Tour, Matt Kuchar has put himself in a position to win the $10 million FedEx Cup bonus despite not winning a tournament in the playoffs.
One week ago Justin Rose was just hoping to continue to this week, but after winning the BMW Championship, Rose is now in contention to win the TOUR Championship and the $10 million prize.
Who will Fred Couples select for final spot on the Presidents Cup Team? As we head into the TOUR Championship the first 11 members are already selected and Couples will watch the four rounds and then make his decision.
After five years and an up and down 2011 season, Ernie Els missed the cut for the Tour Championship. Now he will play in some other tournaments before he heads to Australia to help Greg Norman in the Presidents Cup.
Mark Wilson was on track for a good year at the start of the season, but fell off quickly. Now needs to come back from a bad round at the BMW Championship in hopes of making the U.S. Presidents Cup.
After a breakthrough 2010 season, Justin Rose was expected to compete for many title this season. However that was not case, but he can make up for all that with a win at the BMW Championship.
After a really bad 2011 season, Justin Rose finally found his game and shot an -8 under to lead the first round of the BMW Championship.
Jim Furyk and Geoff Ogilvy will have to play some of their best golf in hopes of advancing to the Tour Championship and being selected to play in the Presidents Cup.
If you want to get better at golf, practice your game, don’t buy it with a belly putter.
Despite being projected as a future PGA star, winning on the PGA Tour this year has helped Webb Simpson focus on the task at hand; a FedEx Cup championship and a $10 million check.
If the players don’t like the changes at the new Cog Hill Country Club, in Chicago; then this could be the last time Cog Hill hosts a PGA Tour championship.
The beauty of golf was on exhibit Sunday during the 43rd Walker Cup and if you are a golf fan, then you should be excited with what the future of the game has to offer.
After his great finish at the Deutsche Bank Championship, Jim Furyk now only needs to move up 5 spots to make it into the Tour Championship and make it a successful season.
Amateur golf Tom Lewis is leading the Great Britain & Ireland team at the Walker Cup Matches, but he is ready to take on the pros after his strong performance at the Open Championship.
Although the PGA is on a break this weekend, that doesn’t mean there is no golf being played. Across the pond in Scotland, the best American amateur golfers will go head-to-head against amateurs from England and Ireland.
Since November of 2009, Tiger Woods has not been the same golfer physically or mentally and former golfer Nick Faldo doesn’t think Woods can regain that edge again.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!