High School students posed as tear-gassed NATO demonstrators on Wednesday as Franciscan Saint James Hospital in Chicago Heights drilled emergency teams who might be needed if protests get out of hand during the NATO summit in May and Chicago hospitals are overwhelmed.
The city of Chicago has rejected a request by anti-war protesters to march through downtown Chicago on May 20, the first day of the NATO summit.
The other welcoming committee for the NATO summit in May says it’s changing the date of its march to make sure protestors don’t miss the ministers.
Questions still buzz around President Barack Obama’s surprise decision Monday to move the G8 summit from Chicago to Camp David.
In a surprise move, the White House has announced the upcoming G8 summit will be moved from Chicago to Camp David. The NATO summit scheduled for the same weekend will stay in Chicago.
Parents ended their 22-hour sit-in at Brian Piccolo Elementary Specialty School on the West Side on Saturday after being promised that they would get a chance to plead their case in a series of meetings with Board of Education members Monday and Tuesday.
Which carries more weight, First Amendment rights or closing time at Chicago’s parks? Attorneys for dozens of Occupy Chicago protestors arrested in Grant Park last fall want a judge to answer that question.
At the City Council meeting Wednesday, an alderman will propose police keep their hands off the controls of downtown cell phone signals during expected protests this spring.
About two dozen supporters of the rebels attempting to overthrown Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad staged political theater Saturday in front of Water Tower Place, on North Michigan Avenue.
For the second time since moving to increase fines and restrictions on protests for the upcoming G8 and NATO Summits, Mayor Rahm Emanuel has backed off.
The wish has been granted for a group of protesters wanting to demonstrate against the G8 and NATO summits in Chicago this spring.
Demonstrators sang outside Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s office at City Hall on Tuesday to make their case for passage of an ordinance that could force the closure of coal power plants in Chicago.
Parents of Chicago Public Schools students gathered outside Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s office Monday to demand he hold off on plans to close or overhaul several public schools and meet with them.
More than 500 people jammed the sidewalk in front of the Chicago Public Schools’ downtown headquarters for a 90-minute rally Tuesday night and a handful were determined to stay the night to be first in line for Wednesday’s school board meeting.
Three American students have been arrested in Egypt, including a young man from Indiana. The three students were among the tens of thousands of protesters who flooded Cairo’s central square, where violent clashes broke out between police and the crowds.
It could be one of those “be careful what you wish for” stories. Bringing the G8 and NATO summits to Chicago next spring was one of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s first major coups when he took office, or so he thought.
Demonstrators had a two-pronged agenda when they took their protests to Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s doorstep Wednesday afternoon.
For the second week in a row, anti-Wall Street protesters marched through downtown, and once again, they were arrested.
Hundreds of people filled Chicago Temple for a “Move the Money” town hall meeting Thursday night, and then marched to LaSalle and Jackson Streets, to join and show support for Occupy Chicago protesters.
As many as 100 protesters were marching through the heart of Chicago’s Financial District on Wednesday, in sympathy with the Occupy Wall Street demonstrators in New York.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!