A quick look at what to watch for Thursday as the Big Ten Tournament gets underway in Chicago.
Tim Tibesar, Purdue’s defensive coordinator last season, was hired by the Bears to be the new linebackers coach.
Clint Chelf threw three of Oklahoma State’s five touchdown passes and the Cowboys shook off a disappointing Big 12 finish by dominating Purdue 58-14 in the Heart of Dallas Bowl on Tuesday.
Darrell Hazell spent most of his coaching career telling others to “be great.” Now he’ll try to live up to that mantra in his new job at Purdue.
Akeem Shavers broke open a close game with three scores during a 4½-minute span in the fourth quarter, giving Purdue a 56-35 victory over archrival Indiana on Saturday.
Akeem Hunt turned a short pass into a 63-yard touchdown, and Purdue took another step toward a second consecutive bowl berth with a 20-17 victory at Illinois on Saturday.
Having co-coordinators in college football is not uncommon, but I’ve never heard of two coordinators splitting up the play-calling by down.
Northern Illinois head coach Dave Doeren is bound to be one of the hottest coaching commodities when more jobs start opening up in the coming weeks.
Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller was hurt late in the third quarter of the seventh-ranked Buckeyes’ victory over Purdue on Saturday.
Sure, Terrelle Pryor and Jim Tressel caused the mess, but Smith’s careless decision to play in the Gator Bowl last year likely cost Ohio State a chance at the National Championship this season.
Montee Ball ran for a career-high 247 yards and scored three touchdowns to help Wisconsin beat Purdue 38-14 on Saturday afternoon.
Mike Thomas struck out multiple times in his pursuit of a football and basketball coach and so far, his football hire looks like a disaster.
The Big Ten is indeed off to its worst start in quite a while. And by the looks of it, the season could fizzle out before the conference games even begin next Saturday.
Purdue linebacker Dwayne Beckford has been kicked off the team following his latest scrape with the law.
Predictions for every Big Ten team, including overall record, conference record and bowl game projection.
Hope finally has a healthy team (knock on wood) and the Boilermakers appear poised to have their most successful season since 2007 when they won eight games.
The 14th annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge schedule was released Monday, pitting all 12 ACC and Big Ten teams against each other in a two-day event Nov. 27-28.
It figures that in a tournament that was completely up for grabs, the top four seeds advanced to the semifinals for the first time in Big Ten Tournament history.
A look at what’s at stake for all 12 Big Ten teams as well as a look at the best matchups and other analysis.
Selection Sunday is just a little over two weeks away. Here’s the latest look at which teams are in good shape, which teams have work to do and which teams are in serious trouble:
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!