Spring weather finally arrived in Chicago! There’s no better way to spend a warm night or a lazy afternoon than a friendly game of mini golf. Oh, whom am I kidding, there’s never a friendly, competitive-free game of mini golf. Here are a few of the best places around the Chicago area to play mini golf.
April is Stress Awareness Month — are you aware of how stressed out you are? If you’ve been bustling around town, you might want to stop for a minute and take some time for yourself. Here in Chicago, the city offers some amazing spas to help check out of the real world for a while and take some much needed “me time.”
The Blackhawks have never been better, and therefore good tickets can be hard to find. But plenty of bars around Chicago can make you at least feel like you’re at the game. Join the other fans and go to these Blackhawks bars to watch the games and watch the Blackhawks skate into the playoffs. Cue Chelsea Dagger now.
Winter is taking its dear, sweet time leaving Chicago this year. In fact, Punxsutawney Phil was a downright liar. In the meantime, to beat the brisk weather we have, there are a few places around Chicago to warm up with some good soup. And even when it does finally warm up here, soup is the best way to beat the 55-degree office air conditioning blues.
Did you know that America’s first planetarium is right here in our own backyard? Max Adler, a Chicago business leader, founded the planetarium in 1930. And since then, the center has been a recognized leader in science education…
The Chicago Cultural Center seems to be the little unknown gem in the city that is constantly upstaged by the world-renowned museums and Millennium Park across the street. But hidden within its walls are some amazing things that make it the stunning Chicago landmark that it is.
“Let’s go bowling!” seems to be the response to every question ever asked on a Saturday night that revolved around wondering what to do. Bowling is a sport that everyone can play no matter how bad they are. It’s an even better activity for larger groups to just go out and have a fun time no matter what the score.
Did you know that February 20th is Love Your Pet day? Humans get February 14 for Valentine’s Day, so why don’t you celebrate your pet’s own special day of love too. In order to pamper your pooch on this day, there are many boutiques around Chicago catering just to pets. Pick up a new bone or a new toy and show them how much you love them.
When I think of really good bread, I picture Paris. Having the ability to pick up a nice, fresh baguette on your way home from work to bring to your family each night. The crunchiness on the outside and the softness in the inside is what makes it so Parisian. But in Chicago, we have to do without that elegance. There are a few bakeries here though, that are doing bread right.
The Field Museum is all about history, so here’s a little history about the Field Museum. The museum was first incorporated into the State of Illinois on September 16, 1893 as part of an outgrowth of the World’s Columbian Exposition held in Chicago in 1893…
Some might say gross to the idea of fried calamari, otherwise known as fried squid. And if you’re like me, you hear squid and picture the limp sea creature on the dissecting table in junior high science class. But don’t knock it until you’ve tried it – it doesn’t even taste fishy. If it’s it done right, it doesn’t have a rubbery texture (ew, gross) and is seasoned well and crispy. Here are a few places around Chicago, and one in the suburbs, that does calamari right.
The difference between cleaning your house now and during spring cleaning is that you have no time to do the cleaning right now. Between Christmas shopping, cooking dinners, attending holiday parties and family visiting, there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to actually clean your house. But it still needs to get done, because the family is arriving any minute and you’re hosting a huge holiday party. What to do? That’s where cleaning services come in handy, so you can make it look like you had all the time in the world to get the cleaning AND the cooking done.
The following reasons are why you’re in need of a date night: you snagged a first date, you need a night out to get away from the kids because they’re driving you bonkers, because your “date night” in front of the TV with your latest Netflix movie isn’t cutting it anymore with your significant other…
First of all, it was not my idea, it was my friend’s. However, find a skydiving deal on a site like Livingsocial. We found our deal on Livingsocial for $139 for one tandem skydive. Great Lakes said that probably 90 percent of their business comes from deals like the one we found…
Nothing screams fall like crunching into a delicious caramel apple. There are a few places around Chicago, and one just a little further, to satisfy this craving that comes at this time of year. They also make great hostess gifts, or a dessert if sliced…
Corn mazes don’t need to be Children of the Corn scary unless it’s at night. Then maybe it might be a little spooky… However, the corn mazes that are in Chicago are part of Corn Mazes America. Corn Mazes America offers corn maze designing and cutting services to help farms create for-profit mazes. Who knew designing corn mazes could be so profitable?
Nothing screams fall like apples! And when the weather starts to get a bit chilly, nothing warms us up like a hot cup of apple cider. Whether you find you need a mug while you’re out apple picking in the suburbs or just stopping to get one in the city, these places are offering up some of the best.
It wouldn’t be a game day without a pint of beer in one hand and an order of gooey nachos in the other. If you’re looking to go out with your friends and enjoy a good Bears game when they’re NOT playing the Packers, put on your jersey and head out to these places to experience some excellent specials and some even better football on TV.
No worries if you find that your apartment barely has enough breathing for you and Fido. Chicago and its surrounding suburbs have plenty of “dog friendly areas” where you two can go outdoors and take in the fresh air and get some exercise.
A popular beach and also the largest public one in Chicago, Montrose Beach is located near the Uptown neighborhood. It has fun activities for everyone in the family including the dog.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!