A onetime Illinois Department of Transportation employee has been chosen by Mayor Rahm Emanuel to replace Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th).
Illinois and Indiana law enforcement officers plan to team-up to go after gun-runners.
Hadiya Pendleton’s family had said they wanted to keep politics out of the 15-year-old murder victim’s funeral and despite the political undertones, considering some of the guests, they mostly did.
The Emanuel administration says its plan for bulk buying of electricity is moving ahead of schedule and that means some extra savings for Chicago residents.
Even Chicago’s big boss doesn’t get out of jury duty–or at least reporting for jury duty.
An emotional Mayor Rahm Emanuel said the 15-year-old girl who was shot and killed in Kenwood, a week after performing with her school band at President Obama’s inaugural, was “what is best in our city,” and the gunman who killed her was a “punk.”
Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s office has so far received 42 applications for the vacancy in the 7th Ward following the resignation of Sandi Jackson.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is putting more pressure on gun makers to get behind his push for an assault weapons ban and criminal background checks for gun purchasers.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says he like some parts of the Chicago Cubs plans to refurbish Wrigley Field, but he’s not ready to give his blessing to a deal just yet.
Tom Ricketts met his wife in the Wrigley Field bleachers, or so goes the legend that was spun as he and his siblings purchased the Cubs in 2009.
Gun owners in Chicago and suburban Cook County may have new incentives for keeping better track of their weapons.
Clayco Inc. develops and builds large projects across the country and it already has 280 employees in Chicago. Moving the corporate headquarters here from St. Louis will add another 300.
Mayor Emanuel’s tour of a student-run garden was interrupted by protestors.
Gov. Pat Quinn was among the public officials who expressed condolences and horror at the shooting rampage, details of which were still emerging by late afternoon.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says Chicago police are making strong moves to confront continuing city violence—which has included violent attacks at funerals.
As part of his effort to fight gang violence in Chicago, Mayor Emanuel is directing left over NATO funds to community groups.
The SEIU wants Lisa Madigan to investigate potential mob ties to United Maintenance.
Electric vehicle manufacturer to benefit from voucher program.
Schools CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett said Monday the plan depends on Illinois lawmakers allowing an extension on a deadline for announcing proposed school actions. Byrd-Bennett wants a one-time extension of the deadline from Dec. 1 to Mar. 31 .
Mayor Emanuel is cracking down on crime by targeting neighborhood businesses with ties to gangs.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5875
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!