Jake Peavy pitched well into the seventh and the White Sox supported him with three homers to rally from a three-run deficit and beat the Tampa Bay Rays 5-4 Friday night.
Chris Sale overcame a shaky first inning to combine with two relievers on a five-hitter and Adam Dunn homered to lead the Chicago White Sox over the Tampa Bay Rays 5-2 Thursday night.
Matt Moore pitched one-hit ball into the sixth, Matt Joyce homered twice and the Tampa Bay Rays stayed three games behind in the chase for the second AL wild card Saturday by beating the sliding Chicago White Sox 10-4.
Alex Rios hit his career-high 25th homer and the Chicago White Sox gave their fading playoff hopes a boost, beating Tampa Bay 3-1 on Friday night to end the Rays’ eight-game winning streak.
Evan Longoria hit a tiebreaking homer in the ninth inning and the surging Tampa Bay Rays won their eighth straight game Thursday night, handing the White Sox a 3-2 loss that hurts Chicago’s playoff hopes.
The Chicago White Sox have lost six consecutive games, and over that period they’ve averaged only two runs scored per game, while giving up an average of 4.8 runs per game.
Somebody tell Ozzie Guillen that he’s managing an American League team, and one built to slug.
The Chicago White Sox lost their fifth consecutive game when the Rays knocked them off 5-0 on Monday night. Although it’s still early in the season, the White Sox are now five games back of the AL Central lead.
After a miserable start, the Tampa Bay Rays have turned things around. Leading the way on their revival has been former Chicago Cub Sam Fuld.
A lot has changed for both the Chicago White Sox and Tampa Bay Rays in the week since the two teams squared off in a series in Chicago.
In a surprising turn of events, Manny Ramirez has retired from baseball. According to reports, Ramirez tested positive for a banned substance and was facing a 100 game suspension.
The Chicago White Sox and Tampa Bay Rays are pretty much polar opposites offensively right now. So when the two teams square off at U.S. Cellular Field, the Rays will be faced with a tough task of getting their first win.
Starting pitcher Edwin Jackson struck out a career-high 13 batters and the Chicago White Sox cruised to a 5-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays.
The Tampa Bay Rays have already gotten off to their worst start in franchise history, now they’ll have to travel to Chicago to take on the White Sox in their home opener.
A house rented by Tampa Bay Rays players Evan Longoria, David Price and Reid Brignac was broken into on Saturday. According to a report, an AK-47 belonging to Longoria was among the stolen items.
The 2011 season will be full of adjustments for Matt Garza. He’s adjusting to a new team, a new league and a new stadium.
The Chicago Cubs are trying to cut back on their payroll in these rough economic times. As a result, they weren’t able to go out and bid on any of the top free agents over the offseason.
On Tuesday, the Chicago Cubs announced new contracts for four players that will keep the players and team from heading into arbitration hearings.
Some free-agents only follow the money, they’re only connection to their new city is the paycheck they receiver. Carlos Pena is different, he knows the passionate Cubs’ fans and can’t wait to play for them.
The Chicago Cubs front office finally made a move that actually makes sense. The Cubs signed former Tampa Bay Rays slugger Carlos Pena to a one-year deal worth $10 million. I like the deal for three reasons.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!