Rep. Jack Franks
A state lawmaker wants Illinois to stop using schools as polling places on Election Day, but the idea doesn’t sit well with local election authorities.
Before adjourning the spring session and leaving Springfield last week, Illinois lawmakers sent Gov. Quinn a bill that would require the state to reveal the details publicly on corporate tax breaks.
On a day when Pro Football Hall of Famer Richard Dent was honored in the Illinois House, it seems the only person reporters wanted to talk to was indicted Illinois State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago).
The Illinois House of Representatives has passed a bill that criminalizes failing to report a missing child, in the wake of the fallout from the Caylee Anthony tragedy.
A new state law requires those who buy industrial drain cleaners and other caustic substances to provide photo identification and sign a log.
An Illinois House member says it’s not fair that property taxes go up when home values are plummeting.
On Dec. 10, deposed Gov. Blagojevich will turn 55, and that means he can start collecting his state pension.
Illinois State Rep. Jack Franks (D-Woodstock) believes easing of trade restrictions with Cuba could pump hundreds of millions of dollars into the state’s economy.
Two Illinois lawmakers are heading for Cuba, in an effort to ensure Illinois is first in line when trade resumes with the island nation, which has been under a trade embargo since 1962.
Metra is asking riders to dig deeper in their pockets. Fares could go up as much as 20 percent next year. There’s also talk of service cuts, but there’s no talk of eliminating a major perk for some of the agency’s administrators and staff – free take-home cars.
The holiday for the Illinois sales tax during back-to-school time in the late summer would be an annual event, under a bill that has been introduced in the state House.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5351
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!