Friday morning, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell wrote a letter to fans of the NFL, telling them they deserved better than what happened.
No one is complaining that the refs cost the Cleveland Browns the game. That mere fact is a major victory for the NFL and the seven-man crew led by referee Gene Steratore, who brought official harmony back to the nation’s most popular league.
The NFL’s regular officiating crews are back, and Commissioner Roger Goodell has apologized to the fans who fretted about the replacements the last three weeks.
This time, the NFL’s bluster didn’t matter.
It had to come to an end sometime.
Well, here’s an interesting attempt to fix the ineptitude of the replacement officials.
The NFL fined Patriots coach Bill Belichick $50,000 and Redskins assistant Kyle Shanahan $25,000 for their conduct toward replacement officials.
There have been dozens of Call Me Maybe parodies, but this one might be the best.
Still seething about a controversial , decisive call that went against the Green Bay Packers in Seattle, Aaron Rodgers used his weekly radio show on Tuesday to dismiss the NFL’s explanation for the replacement officials’ decision.
Listen to the radio calls from the Seahawks, Packers and the National broadcast here!
Las Vegas oddsmakers say $300 million or more changed hands worldwide on a controversial referee call that decided the Monday Night Football game between the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks.
The replacement refs’ time in the NFL reached an all-time low during Monday night’s Packers-Seahawks game when the officials ruled a Seattle touchdown instead of a Green Bay interception, giving the Seahawks a win on a last-second Hail Mary.
It’s official – the call made by the replacement officials during Monday’s Seahawks-Packers game will stand.
One politician let his feelings be known after the wild ending of the Seattle Seahawks’ 14-12 victory over the Green Bay Packers on Monday night.
In the wake of Monday night’s blown call during the Packers-Seahawks game that took a win away from Green Bay, the Lingerie Football League released a statement saying that it fired several officiating crews that are now working as replacement refs in the NFL.
A compilation of Twitter reaction to the controversial ending of the Green Bay-Seattle NFL game on Monday night.
M.D. Jennings was convinced he had the ball pinned to his chest the entire time and would be awarded an interception to cap Green Bay’s comeback victory.
On a public front, the NFL screams its goal is centered around keeping its players as safe as possible.
It was uncertain whether progress was made in an attempt to reach a new collective bargaining agreement, or when further negotiations would take place.
This can’t be a good sign for Roger Goodell, the NFL and the current state of the replacement referees.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!