Republican National Convention
The early returns are in and, according to the Neilson rating company, the Democrats beat the Republicans… and the NFL.
The Republican and Democratic National Conventions of 2012 – yawn-per-yawn – have to be the most uninspiring political conventions in recent history.
Commonly referred to as “what goes around, comes around’, the Republicans are finding plenty to take shots at as the Democrats conduct their week in the ‘often dubious’ political spotlight called “the Convention”.
Opinion: Democrats Offer A Positive Vision For The Future At Convention After GOP Offers Only Attacks
Sitting in the Time Warner Cable Arena last night I was struck by how different the Democratic National Convention was from the Republican event last week. Unlike the Republicans in Tampa, Democrats focused on the fight to preserve the middle class and the American Dream.
What a difference four horrendous years makes. Thinking back to the Democratic National Convention of 2008 and now seeing what’s going on in Charlotte, North Carolina this week at the Democratic National Convention of 2012 shows stark differences. The Democrats have no star power and pale in comparison to the Republicans’ star-packed convention in Tampa.
It is strange that famous people think the world gives a hoot about their political views. Last week, a good number of famed and fortuned people spoke their anti-Republican and anti-Romney prejudiced-minds regarding the Republican National Convention.
Instead of getting rowdy at a demonstration or protest regarding the lack of jobs throughout the country, people can voice their discontent with the nation’s current unemployment rate on this Labor Day by simply placing an empty chair in their front yard.
Last night, Clint Eastwood produced the most bizarre and uncomfortable moments in modern convention history. If Mitt Romney cannot get his campaign right. If he cannot even get the things that he can control right, how can he make the case that he can run the country?
As the media positively and glowingly report high-profile presidential fundraising events for President Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee, they report on GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s and the Republican’s big-dollar fundraising gatherings in and around Tampa, Florida during the Republican National Convention with total suspicion and even worse.
While Paul Ryan is entitled to his own opinions, he is not entitled to his own facts. He lied to America about Medicare. He lied to America about the debt commission. He really lied to America about the stimulus and America’s debt rating.
Two of the Republican Party’s biggest stars were shining in Tampa on Wednesday, at the second full day of festivities for the Republican National convention.
The speech gave much of what Ann and Mitt Romney have been trying to reveal about themselves throughout the misleading negative campaigning of 2012 which has put them on some imaginary pedestal due to Mitt Romney’s business success and extreme wealth. They, too, like most American families, have obviously experienced life’s uncertain challenges intertwined with their successes.
The Republican National Convention got off to a rousing start on Tuesday, with Ann Romney speaking from her heart about her husband, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie speaking from his gut.
For Illinois GOP delegates, getting to the Republican National Convention in Tampa was a pain on Tuesday, but once inside, the delegation’s chairman had a little fun.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) was unable to attend this year’s Republican National Convention in Tampa, but he was still able to make an appearance in a video greeting for his GOP colleagues.
As Hurricane Isaac threatens the Gulf again, we will see if Katrina and Isaac serve as bookends of GOP hostility to federal disaster relief. An odd stance for a party that claims to “choose life” while watching people die in natural disasters rather than provide an adequate response.
Ron Paul’s impact on the future of America and how the nation remembers his involvement with the GOP presidential campaign process of 2012 is his and his alone. By saying that he cannot fully support the Republican Party’s choice and raising the discontentment of his supporters, he is on the verge of being best remembered as the presidential election spoiler – or attempted spoiler – of 2012.
At the Republican National Convention, one Chicago delegate has an unusual job on the convention floor.
So what’s the fashionable Illinois delegate wearing at the Republican national Convention?
The Illinois delegates have arrived in Tampa, Fla., for the Republican National Convention, saying the storm that forced the shift to a dramatically abbreviated schedule on Monday has been overblown.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!