A struggle between northwest suburban Elgin police and a 40-year-old man Sunday morning ended up with the suspect and two of the officers being sent to hospitals and the suspect facing four felony charges. One of the officers drew his stun gun, but ended up shooting himself in hand.
A convicted felon who struggled with police after a stop on the South Side Friday night, slamming an officer’s head to the ground several times causing the officer to lose consciousness.
A 28-year-old southwest side man was still in the hospital Saturday — as a judge set bond at $150,000 for charges stemming from his Thanksgiving Day attack on a CTA bus driver, its passengers and police officers.
Two men were stabbed and two women were beaten up during a fight early Sunday in the Northwest Side Hermosa neighborhood.
A complaint of noisy fireworks early Tuesday reportedly led police to arrest two men for a weekend shooting in southwest suburban Bolingbrook.
A man who was alleged to have fired a gun on a Bridgeport neighborhood street late Saturday was apprehended by police not long afterward, but not before he led police on a pursuit that stretched more than 16 miles south, ending after he abandoned his car in the Far South Side Altgeld Gardens area.
Jamaine Williams had already been identified as a suspect in a pizzeria robbery in Ukrainian Village, but that didn’t stop the fugitive from allegedly stealing a car — because he was tired of the one he was driving.
A speeding motorist high on marijuana and angel dust dived head-first into a shocked stranger’s car through the driver’s side window, then bizarrely yelled to chasing cops that “the pancakes are on the floor,” authorities say.
Three alleged gang members in the south suburbs are in serious trouble, after police say they fought with officers and tried to start a riot during a traffic stop last week.
A man has been charged after throwing a baby at a Chicago Police officer during a West Side kidnapping call.
A kidnapping suspect used an unconventional and dangerous method of trying to avoid arrest early Monday – police said he tossed the newborn baby he was holding at two police officers responding to a domestic disturbance.
Former Chicago Bears running back Garrett Wolfe was arrested early Sunday in Miami.
A suburban village trustee charged with resisting arrest and driving without a license claims he was unfairly targeted and physically assaulted by the arresting officer.
A Bolingbrook teenager hit a police officer in the face Tuesday as officers were responding to a fight on a school bus.
A man is charged with driving drunk and resisting arrest, after fighting with a police officer in a Riverside parking lot on Christmas Eve.
A suspect caused a Chicago Police officer to shoot himself with his own stun gun as he arrested the woman last week.
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.413
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.368
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!