Rev. Corey Brooks
Loved ones of the 6-month-old girl who was shot and killed as she was in her father’s lap inside a minivan in the Woodlawn neighborhood were gathering at a local church Tuesday morning for her funeral.
A 6-month-old girl died Tuesday morning, hours after she and her father were shot multiple times while he was changing her diaper in the family van in the Woodlawn neighborhood — a crime the mayor described as “a senseless, despicable act.”
He’s at it again. The pastor who received national attention for spending 94 long days on the roof of a shuttered South Side motel is spending some more time outside.
A South Side pastor has completed his cross-country fundraising walk, and has returned to Chicago.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Gov. Pat Quinn joined a South Side pastor on Sunday for part of his cross-country walk to raise money for a new community center, as well as awareness about the city’s violence problems.
The Chicago minister walking from New York to Los Angeles against violence is in eastern Indiana today, and he says he’s been moved by the compassion of Americans he’s met along the way.
The Rev. Corey Brooks is set to step off on his cross-country walk to raise gun violence awareness, and raise money to build a new community center on Chicago’s South Side.
A Chicago pastor who camped on the roof of an abandoned motel says lacing up his sneakers is part of a new plan to address gun violence.
Demolition crews are at work on the 6600 block of South King Drive, tearing down the old motel where a minister spent more than three months living in a tent on the roof.
Two weeks after ending a 94-day stay atop an abandoned motel on King Drive, Woodlawn minister Rev. Corey Brooks has taken title to it.
A South Side pastor was back behind the pulpit Sunday, after living on top of a shuttered motel for nearly three months as part of his quest to build a new community center in the West Woodlawn neighborhood.
The Rev. Corey Brooks came down from the roof of a shuttered West Woodlawn neighborhood motel, after actor-director Tyler Perry said he would donate $98,000 so Brooks can buy the motel and replace it with a community center.
The pastor of a West Woodlawn neighborhood church thinks he might be able to get off the roof of the old motel where he’s been camping for three months. He’s raised nearly enough money buy the building, so he can replace it with a community center.
A South Side pastor has been camping out on the roof of a motel for the past three months to help stop violence in the community.
Gov. Pat Quinn on Monday joined the Rev. Corey Brooks on the roof of a shuttered motel, where pastor has been camping out for two months in an effort to have it turned into a community center.
The pastor of New Beginnings church on the 6600 block of South King Drive is coming down off the roof where he’s been living for more than six weeks.
A South Side pastor is camping out on the roof of a motel he helped to close down over prostitution and drugs, in an effort to buy the building and use it to help the community change.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!