Rev. Michael Pfleger
Outspoken St. Sabina pastor Rev. Michael Pfleger said he would like to see cardinals pick someone from a third-world nation as the next pope.
A judge has ruled that a north suburban mother — who said she was stalking the Rev. Michael Pfleger at his South Side church because “God” told her to marry him — is unfit for trial.
An Illinois Senate vote to ban semi-automatic assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips has been delayed, because supporters have yet to line up enough votes to pass the two measures.
Dozens of local ministers have declared this upcoming weekend “Peace Weekend,” and are asking people to work together to end street violence.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy led hundreds of people of all ages Friday night on the annual St. Sabina Church end-of-school march against violence.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger says he is grateful for the second-degree murder charge against George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Florida, but he believes “stand your ground” laws are dangerous precedents that will lead to more unnecessary deaths.
Vandals struck St. Sabina Roman Catholic Church overnight, just hours after the Rev. Michael Pfleger and community members marched against a neighborhood store.
Several Chicago pastors want the city to shut down a convenience store in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood, where six people were shot last week – one of them fatally.
The shooting death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin last month in Florida, at the hands of a member of the local neighborhood watch, has been sparking outrage across the nation, including Chicago, where protesters and public officials spoke out about the shooting over the weekend.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger is asking area churches this Sunday to honor the memory of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed Florida boy who was shot and killed by a man who is claiming self-defense.
For the first time in 15 years, CTA will accept ads for beer, wine and hard liquor. The change in policy is expected to generate an additional $3.2 million for the cash-strapped agency.
It’s time for buying Easter baskets for children, but the outspoken Rev. Michael Pfleger would liked some changes in the items being included in some of baskets.
In the face of a murder a few blocks away from his church, Rev. Michael Pfleger took some bold steps Sunday, and so did several dozen of the faithful from St. Sabina Parish.
The late comedian Bernie Mac had a portion of 69th Street in the Englewood neighborhood, where he grew up, named in his honor Tuesday.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is looking to close a loophole that, he says, allows more illegal guns to find their way to the streets.
Effective this summer, the Rev. Michael Pfleger will begin sharing his pastoral duties at St. Sabina parish in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood, but will take on a new role in developing anti-violence initiatives for the Chicago Archdiocese.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger of St. Sabina Parish is lashing out at the loss of services for the struggling people in communities on the city’s South Side, particularly Englewood.
A back to school rally on Monday attracted thousands of people in Washington Park.
A $10,000 reward is now being offered in hopes of finding the gunman who shot and killed Darius Brown, 13, as he played basketball earlier this week.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger says if he cannot preach at St. Sabina Church, he will start preaching elsewhere.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5875
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!