A Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.
Former Robbins police Chief Johnny Holmes was charged with two DUIs in the past three years.
Dozens of kits used to gather evidence in sexual assaults were recently discovered sitting in an room in a south suburban police station–including some from over 25 years ago.
The south suburban police chief who authorities say exclaimed, “Oh wow,” when he was asked to take a sobriety test shortly before his drunken-driving arrest last month has stepped down.
Johnny Holmes said he recently lost a grandson to gun violence and has also been taking care of his elderly mother. CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman reports.
The 66-year old police chief of south suburban Robbins failed a field sobriety test and a Breathalyzer last weekend when he was arrested for drunk driving, according to police in Midlothian.
It’s one of a parent’s worst fears: Their young child abandoned without an adult in sight.
A Roseland neighborhood man was killed in a shooting in south suburban Robbins early Saturday.
For at least the third time in a week, thieves have targeted large air conditioning units in the south suburbs.
A public library in Robbins and a school in nearby Blue Island have been hit by air-conditioner thieves.
South suburban Robbins held a ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday to open a new parking lot at the village’s Metra station.
Powerful storms caused flooding, and lightning strikes caused damage across Chicago, including a house fire in Robbins.
A pile of tires caught fire in a junkyard in south suburban Robbins overnight, prompting 15 fire departments to report to the scene.
Clark was paralyzed when he was tackled during a football game in 2000 while playing for Blue Island’s Eisenhower High School. But mourners at his funeral said Clark went on to become an inspiration.
A nursing home in south suburban Robbins was evacuated after a fire early Monday, displacing at least 400 people.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has a plan to recover almost $15 million owed by some suburbs for unpaid water services provided by the City of Chicago.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday that he is actively going after $15 million in unpaid water bills owed to the city by four Chicago suburbs. He also promised to take another look at free water that the city supplies to various non-profit groups.
The city of Chicago is owed $47 million in unpaid water bills. It’s a big number for a cash-strapped city. A Better Government Association study found that those who owe much of that money might not be who you expect.
Four kids were rescued from an extra-alarm blaze at a public housing complex in south suburban Robbins.
Five men have been arrested and a sixth is being sought as a fugitive following a federal drug sweep Monday that targeted cocaine sales in and around south suburban Robbins.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!