The Chicago Bears are one of the teams that many NFL observers are feeling good about with the season about five weeks away from starting.
Garza earned his first-ever Pro Bowl selection when he was chosen to be an alternate for the NFC’s squad.
There’s no use looking back now. The 2011 season is over and it’ time to start preparing for the future.
Bears center Roberto Garza has won a two-year contract extension, and will remain with the team through 2013, the team confirmed Tuesday.
t will be a showdown in Motown on Monday night, when the Chicago Bears take on the undefeated Detroit Lions in the “2nd place in the NFC North” bowl.
After Lovie Smith and Mike Martz said all week that the Bears would be more balanced against the Packers, Cutler threw the ball 37 times and running back Matt Forte had just nine carries.
It certainly doesn’t take a football expert to realize the Bears’ offensive line played poorly in New Orleans Sunday, but at least one of those experts still thinks the unit can be good.
Offensive football can feel like it’s so complicated. Especially when you’re dealing with the intricacies of Mike Martz’s offense, but it really comes down to one thing: can you protect your quarterback?
Laurence Holmes takes your Bears questions every week in his mailbag.
It’s still nowhere near perfect, but the Bears’ offensive line certainly looked better against the Giants Monday night. Here’s a look at how I saw the offensive line play from left to right.
The Bears surpised the NFL Saturday when they chose to kick from the 30-yard line on two kickoffs in the first half.
The Bears’ offensive line has had a spotlight on it for over a year now and Saturday night’s performance against the Bills did nothing to change that.
The mailbag heats up this week as the Bears get ready for their first preseason game against the Buffalo Bills Saturday.
There’s still over a month until the Bears open their season against the Atlanta Falcons, but Bears offensive line coach knows who he wants to start in front of Jay Cutler Sept. 11 at Solider Field.
It never felt right that a shaky offensive line seemed so desperate to retain a mediocre center.
Laurence Holmes has a complete recap of the first day of Bears training camp in Bourbonnais.
The Bears are finally giving Jay Cutler some protection after changing up the rotation several times due to player performance and injuries. They finally have the right mix.
Let me first say that I’m against the Thursday Night Game. I think it’s unfair to players. Usually guys don’t start feeling normal again until Wednesday.
Time is everything, especially when you’re a quarterback in a Mike Martz offense. The more time Cutler has had to throw the ball the better the results have been and the more his confidence has grown.
Chicago Bears’ Olin Kreutz is on a streak of 126 straight starts and that doesn’t look like it will be broken against the Vikings Sunday. Kreutz had missed practice Wednesday and Thursday due to a pulled hamstring.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!