A 17-year-old boy from the Rogers Park neighborhood was critically wounded when the gun he and his father were struggling over on Saturday evening went off, striking him in the head.
A 34-year-old man died early Thursday after walking into traffic and being struck by a taxi in the North Side Rogers Park neighborhood.
Five people–including two teenagers–were wounded in shootings from Tuesday night into early Wednesday.
A 17-year-old Rogers Park boy was charged as an adult with attempted murder for allegedly shooting at police officers early Saturday in the North Side Uptown neighborhood.
Five people were killed–including a teenager–and at least 24 people were wounded in separate shootings since Friday night.
There will be a lot of cleaning up at a popular Indian restaurant Friday after an overnight fire.
The National Weather Service says there is an increased risk of rip currents along the lake in Cook and Lake (Ill.) counties through Sunday evening.
A Rogers Park woman and her 6-year-old son were killed and two other people were injured in a car crash in the southbound lanes of Lake Shore Drive Saturday evening.
Gunfire left one man dead and another wounded just after midnight in the South Shore neighborhood, and five others were wounded across the city in the overnight hours.
A woman visiting from Texas performed CPR on a 60-year-old man she found unresponsive in the waters of Lake Michigan on Sunday in the North Side Rogers Park neighborhood.
Police are questioning two young boys who were caught Monday night with homemade explosives in the Rogers Park neighborhood.
A teenager was critically wounded in a Wednesday night shooting in the Rogers Park neighborhood.
Gunfire rang out on every side of Chicago overnight, leaving at least six people injured.
Divers pulled a 15-year-old girl’s body from Lake Michigan Friday morning, about 16 hours after she vanished off the coast of Rogers Park.
A male was shot Tuesday night in the Far North Side Rogers Park neighborhood.
A crowd is coming to Loyola University in the Rogers Park neighborhood Thursday for a talk by the Dalai Lama.
Families in the Rogers Park neighborhood are being told to keep an eye out, as police search for two men who tried to abduct multiple children – the youngest just 4 years old.
CHICAGO (STMW) – At least five people were killed and 23 others wounded in separate shootings throughout the city that took place from late Friday through early Monday. Three of the shootings — one of […]
At least four people were killed and 19 others wounded in separate shootings throughout the city that took place from late Friday to Saturday night.
A 27-year-old Glenview man was hit and killed by a Red Line ‘L’ train in Rogers Park early Thursday.
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.214
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!