A Metra train struck an 11-year-old boy Friday evening in northwest suburban Barrington.
A man is dead and four other people were injured Sunday afternoon in a four-vehicle accident in northwest suburban Barrington Hills.
Residents of some parts of Chicago protested and tried to stop Wal-Mart when the retailer announced plans to move in, but in Naperville, the city government is willing to dish out some big money to keep Wal-Mart from leaving.
Major construction work on one of the busiest stretches of Chicago area roadways is about to begin.
The persistent dry conditions have led to brush fires in the Chicago area, which grew so severe Tuesday afternoon that they shut down a Metra train line and a major roadway.
As many as 15 construction vehicles were destroyed in a fire early Monday in West Chicago.
A traffic chase between an off-duty police officer and a car involved in a hit-and-run accident in the west suburbs Saturday ended on Fermi Lab property when the officer opened fire on the car, striking someone in the backseat.
Effective later Tuesday, the red light cameras in Naperville will be taken offline permanently.
A crash in Bartlett early Thursday sent a car off the road and into a grove of trees.
Twenty-two freight train cars jumped the tracks and three burst into flames Thursday morning in the west suburbs, causing Metra service disruptions that were expected to drag into into Friday.
Drivers in Naperville are going to get a break from red light cameras.
A man was killed and his daughter was critically injured over the weekend in a motorcycle accident in the far north suburban town of Ingleside.
Serious injuries were reported this morning, when a car and a sport-utility vehicle collided on Route 59 in Streamwood.
PLAINFIELD, Ill. (STMW) – Two people were hospitalized in a crash which required extrication Tuesday evening in southwest suburban Plainfield. The crash happened just north of Route 59 near Pasquinelli Drive about 5 p.m., according […]
For the second time in nine days, Plainfield police have pulled over a driver who was going more than 100 miles per hour along Illinois Route 59.
A teenager from southwest suburban Plainfield was arrested this week when he was caught driving 108 miles per hour down a busy street.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.175
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.312
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!