Chicago’s slumbering offense woke up just long enough to give the San Francisco Giants a scare. Like much of the season, the Cubs just couldn’t keep it going.
The Cardinals kept their faint wild-card hopes alive when Carlos Marmol forced home the tying run with a bases-loaded walk to Ryan Theriot, followed with a game-ending wild pitch.
Ryan Theriot, overcoming a recent slump, rapped four hits and drove in three runs Saturday to help the St. Louis Cardinals overcome a five-run deficit in a 13-5 victory over the Chicago Cubs.
Albert Pujols got his 2,000th hit and Edwin Jackson pitched seven innings in his debut with St. Louis, lifting the Cardinals to a 9-2 win Friday over the Chicago Cubs.
Albert Pujols hit a game-ending homer in extra innings for the second straight day, beating the Chicago Cubs with a leadoff shot in the 10th inning of the St. Louis Cardinals’ 3-2 victory on Sunday.
In his five season with the Chicago Cubs, Ryan Theriot became one of the more popular players among the fans. But when he returns to Wrigley Field with his new team, he might not get such a warm reception.
There’s snow on the ground. The temperatures in Chicago are about as high as a Packers fan’s IQ (heh, heh, heh …).
For Cubs fans, there’s only one thing bleaker than the 2010 regular season. And that’s the 2010 offseason. So far, at least.
Redcoat or Turncoat. Whatever you want to call him, in the eyes of Cubs Nation, Ryan Theriot has turned heel.
Tavern Touring today: we broadcast from Blue Frog 22 (22 E. Hubbard) in Chicago, as Bud Light’s “Who Needs Two?” brings you the chance to win tickets and start your weekend. It could be a […]
Alfonso Soriano and Derrek Lee may be the two hottest Cubs in the lineup right now. Lee has hit in seven straight games–not that it’s a blistering pace (9-31)–and Alfonso Soriano homered twice Tuesday night […]
Bad defense keeps dragging the Cubs down this season. Friday against the Angels, with the Halos leading 3-2, Jeff Baker booted the first two plays of the seventh inning which lead to three unearned runs […]
On Thursday, Kosuke Fukudome’s game-winning single in the bottom of ninth gave the Cubs a 3-2 victory over the A’s and sealed the first series win for the Cubs since May 27th against the Dodgers. […]
Tuesday night’s 3-0 win over the Dodgers was a regular pitching duel. Ryan Dempster looked spectacular against one of the better offenses in the National League in his eight scoreless innings as he struck out […]
It’s getting tough to say anything other than phrases like, “the lack of timely hitting cost the Cubs a win today,” when analyzing the Northsiders. It was no different Saturday. Ryan Dempster looked more than […]
A new lineup for the Cubs Wednesday as Lou Piniella looks to get some rest for Ryan Theriot and Aramis Ramirez. While Lou didn’t speak to the media before the game (nothing major, just time […]
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.247
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!