Here are five Windy City athletes who looked the weirdest playing for a team other than the one they’re best known for.
Sammy Sosa is one of the game’s Marlboro Men, a mascot of old that seems so wrong today.
By Dave Wischnowsky – (CBS) When it comes to Sammy Sosa’s future, AOL Fanhouse columnist Lisa Olson has a bold prediction. “Within a few years,” she wrote in a column published on Thursday, “the Cubs […]
Slammin’ Sammy also said the Chicago Cubs should retire his number.
Retired from the game of baseball, Sammy Sosa now manages a comapny called Injex 21, which specializes in needleless drug injections.
I absolutely hate Major League Baseball’s Hall of Fame voting.
I don’t think they want to see No. 21 tap his heart at home plate any time in the foreseeable future – and probably for much longer.
With a slew of all-time greats in their first year of eligibility for Major League Baseball’s Hall of Fame, the summer of 2013 should be a banner one for Cooperstown.
As a kid, the guy was my favorite player, so I’m certainly biased. But when it comes to keeping score of the all-time greatest Hall of Fame induction speeches, I think Ryne Sandberg’s wins in a rout.
For those wishing to trade a 22-year-old Castro, be very careful what you wish for.
Ryan Braun shouldn’t keep his MVP. Not if the test result showing that the Milwaukee Brewers’ star left fielder and 2011 NL MVP had elevated levels of synthetic testosterone in his system this past season is indeed upheld upon appeal.
Derek Jeter stole all the headlines in pursuit of career hit 3,000. Meanwhile, no one is noticing that Jim Thome is nearing an even rarer feat.
Back in 1998, I was naïve. But here in 2011? Well, I’m not. At least that’s certainly true when it comes to the issue of athletes using performance enhancing drugs to give themselves an edge on the field.
The Chicago White Sox’s Carlos Quentin has been named the American League’s Player of the Week, for the week ending on April 3.
Major League Baseball has so many things working to its advantage including a century old resilience to overcome every challenge placed before it.
Members of the Baseball Writers Association of America are making their point loud and clear to all the former players who played during the “Steroid Era.”
Harry Caray’s Restaurant is now the owner of the infamous corked bat used by Sammy Sosa in 2003.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!