The Illinois Senate has passed a measure that would require parents to send their kids to school before their 7th birthday, in a vote that broke down along party lines.
A west suburban woman has been sentenced to prison for her fourth DUI arrest after she dropped her child off at school while intoxicated.
Two teenage boys have been arrested in Elgin, after a shotgun was found in a locker at Gifford Street High School on Thursday.
This weekend, the city’s first high school dedicated to students with dyslexia will hold an open house. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
The creators of multimillion dollar companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter and Dropbox are pushing a You Tube video promoting the importance of teaching students how to code.
A 15-year-old student was arrested Monday morning for trying to bring an unloaded handgun into a Northwest Side high school.
Bond was set at $500,000 on Friday for a man who up until the day after he was charged last week with the sexual assault of a 17-year-old girl in the South Chicago neighborhood was varsity basketball coach for a South Side charter school.
A teenager was arrested after bringing an unloaded gun to school and stored it in his locker.
Across the country, schools will be on high alert following Friday’s shooting in Connecticut.
Police on Saturday seized 47 guns and ammunition from the home of a northwest Indiana man who a day earlier had threatened to set his wife on fire and kill as many people as he could at a nearby elementary school.
CBS 2’s Courtney Gousman spoke with Nancy’s former sister-in-law Saturday morning in Crystal Lake, and learned a lot more about the killer.
Chicagoans react to the school shooting in Newton, Connecticut shooting.
Stefanie Norris of Willow House offers tips for helping kids deal with the school shooting in Newtown Conn.
CBS 2′s Brad Edwards talks with the family of a fifth-grader who says an Antioch elementary teacher gripped her arm so hard there were bruises.
About 25 children were hospitalized in good condition after a carbon monoxide leak at a school in the Far South Side Burnside neighborhood Monday afternoon.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel seems to find money for everything his administration wants, CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson reports. So why can’t he find money for the schools?
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson says taxpayers should have a better look into contract negotiations between teachers and Chicago Public Schools.
The bill Gov. Pat Quinn signed allows police departments to notify school administrators when a student is a part of an ongoing investigation, even if they haven’t been arrested or charged.
The CTA is giving some Chicago students free rides to high school.
Chicago Public Schools students will be able to ride CTA buses and trains for free on the first day of school.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!