Two teenagers have been charged as juveniles for bringing a gun to a near West Side school.
If you’re looking to introduce your 3 to 5 year old child to a structured setting of activities with teachers and other children before the stresses of kindergarten kick in, preschool is the way to go. More structured than traditional daycare, children learn to follow instructions, share and cooperate, and are introduced to the foundations of learning. Finding an enriching and affordable preschool is not easy, but Chicago’s top five make it a no brainer.
Two parents in southwestern Illinois took the punishment of their 8-year-old daughter public by forcing her to wear a sign that read: “I like to steal from others and lie about it.”
Dundee-Crown High School in Carpentersville was placed on lockdown Friday amid reports of a man with a gun.
A 12-year-old boy is in serious trouble for bringing a grenade to the school he attends in North Aurora.
A school was evacuated in the Logan Square neighborhood Wednesday morning when a gas line exploded.
Students bullied at school find themselves forced to continue going to class with their tormentors. The family of an 11-year-old girl is taking action that could help other victims, 2 Investigator Dave Savini reports.
Police are looking for a man accused of performing a lewd act within view of three grammar school students as they walked to school in the South Side Cottage Grove Heights neighborhood last month.
A lawsuit filed in Cook County Circuit Court blames Chicago school officials for negligence, after a 12-year-old girl was repeatedly sexually abused by classmates.
There’s more to exercise than losing weight. It boosts kids’ brainpower, too.
The Chicago Public Schools are not the only school system looking at a longer school day.
Our Lady of Angels Church is forever tied to Chicago tragedy — a 1958 fatal fire that killed 93 students at the church’s school– but it is being reopened with the help of volunteers. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
Students at Foreman High School in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood were likely looking forward to the last day of school upon arriving Friday, but instead they ended up on lockdown someone brought in a gun.
Schools were placed on lockdown this morning following an armed robbery in the north suburbs.
There are about 160,000 students nationwide who miss school every day because they are afraid of being attacked or bullied by fellow students.
The Illinois State Board of Education isn’t following a law requiring it to step in and make changes at schools stuck in academic failure, according to an audit released Thursday.
Police in southwest suburban Frankfort are warning residents about a suspicious newer white Chevrolet van that was seen on Thursday in the southwest suburb.
You can’t blame students and teachers at Jones College Prep High School if they’re feeling extra proud these days.
Local historians want to conduct interviews about the decision to bar teenager Ryan White from a central Indiana school during the AIDS scare of the 1980s.
A car crashed into an elementary school in northwest suburban Buffalo Grove early this morning, leaving the school seriously damaged.
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!