Two elderly people were injured in a fire in a high-rise building in the South Side Kenwood.
Nearly 90 percent of senior citizens are driving a car that doesn’t fit their aging needs.
Lawmakers who say the state health care cuts went too far are trying to move the pendulum back.
Police remained on the scene Wednesday morning after two people over the age of 60 were found brutally murdered in their homes about six blocks away from each other on East 90th Street.
Gov. Pat Quinn says he did not want to kill the state of Illinois’ Circuit Breaker property tax grant program for low-income senior citizens, but he says he had little choice.
The Illinois Attorney General’s office and a West Side alderman teamed up Wednesday to warn seniors about consumer fraud.
Representatives of Illinois nursing homes say Governor Pat Quinn’s proposed cuts in Medicaid funding will devastate the industry and could leave seniors homeless.
The Regional Transportation Authority’s new senior half-fare cards have only been in use since Labor Day, but it is already replacing hundreds each week.
The heat wave that has left Chicagoans sweating for the past two days is nothing to fool around with. It can be deadly, especially for senior citizens.
Thousands of Chicago-area senior citizens are about to get letters from the Regional Transportation Authority telling them that they are eligible for free ride cards, despite upcoming changes in the program.
For the past two decades, residents of the North Park Village Apartment complex have been lining up to board buses that zip them around the 150 acre complex that is home to 550 residents and more than a few deer.
The RTA says it is taking steps to minimize the fraudulent use of passes meant to allow senior citizens to ride free on the CTA, Metra and Pace.
Police are warning seniors to watch out for a telephone scam in which the perpetrators may steal their financial information.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!