Former Rod Blagojevich attorney Sam Adam Jr. still maintains that if all the tapes of wiretapped conversations had been played at trial, the outcome would have been different.
Walter Jacobson knows for sure is that there’s more to the Blagojevich story, and he thinks we should hear all the tapes — “inadmissible” or not.
For the first time since he was arrested three years ago, deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich was thoroughly apologetic and admitted to making “terrible mistakes,” as pleaded for mercy before his sentencing Wednesday.
It took two juries to find Rod Blagojevich guilty on 18 federal corruption charges. The men and women who agonized over those decisions weren’t required to be in court today for the sentencing hearing. But they were there.
The Better Government Association thinks federal prosecutors will win the hefty sentence they are seeking for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
A trial observer says the only thing deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich could say to help his cause during his sentencing hearing this week is, “I’m sorry.”
Prosecutors and defense lawyers say they can make their arguments in just one day on Tuesday and won’t need a second day next week. The judge will hand down the sentence the day after, Wednesday.
Illinois State Comptroller Judy Barr Topinka, who ran unsuccessfully against Rod Blagojevich for governor in 2006, now says he deserves the 15 to 20-year sentence prosecutors are seeking.
A 10 1/2-year sentence for political fundraiser Tony Rezko is not a good sign for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich, according to a former federal prosecutor.
Antoin “Tony” Rezko, a top adviser and fundraiser for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich, has been sentenced to 10 1/2 in prison, a full three years after he was convicted on corruption charges.
A young man has been sentenced to 120 years in prison for the murder of a University of Chicago Ph.D. Student four years ago.
Federal prosecutors are digging for data about convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s potential pension income in advance of his sentencing on corruption charges, even though Illinois officials plan to block the disgraced Democrat from getting any state retirement pay.
Political fundraiser Antoin “Tony” Rezko was convicted on corruption charges more than three years ago, but still hasn’t been sentenced and has been in jail ever since.
Rod Blagojevich is hoping support from the public can reduce his sentence for corruption.
A Downers Grove man has been sentenced to 100 years in prison for stabbing his wife and their unborn child to death last year.
Prosecutors are apparently looking to throw the book at convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich – they are estimating that he could get 30 years to life in prison.
Rod Blagojevich may have to wait for his day of reckoning. As it now stands, the former governor’s scheduled sentencing date next month directly conflicts with a trial in a related case.
The last of five killers of Fenger High School honor student Derrion Albert was sentenced to 32 years in prison on Monday.
An 87-year-old organized crime figure will be sentenced this morning for his conviction in the bombing of a video poker company.
A federal judge has set a tentative sentencing date of Oct. 6 for ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich, following his conviction on 17 corruption counts at this summer’s retrial and one count of lying to the FBI at his first trial last year.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!