On the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, corporate volunteers joined veterans in a service project at a place that’s a haven for homeless vets.
A number of remembrances of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks were held Tuesday morning in the Chicago area.
As a downtown firehouse observed the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks Sunday, firefighters there were still wondering what happened to a link between Chicago and Ground Zero that disappeared a year ago.
The village of Oswego commemorated the 9/11 anniversary on Sunday with a special contribution from two parents who feel the loss of the attacks every day.
Gov. Pat Quinn wants Illinoisans to remember the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks by giving a helping hand to military families.
At fire stations around the city on Sunday, Chicago firefighters stopped for a moment of silence at 7:46 a.m. – marking the moment 10 years ago when the first plane hit the World Trade Center during the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
The City of Aurora paid tribute to those who died on 9/11 with a ceremony outside a fire station Friday.
Thousands of students from UNO Charter Schools rallied outside their classrooms Friday to honor the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
The photographer who captured one of the most memorable pictures of the terrorist attack on New York City 10 years ago is looking back at that moment.
One Chicago Police officer doesn’t need an anniversary as a remembrance of 9-11. He has his personal reminder every day at the end of a leash.
As America prepares to honor the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, crowds are heading to the Field Museum of Natural History for the moving exhibit, “Ground Zero 360: Never Forget.”
The White Sox were in New York on Sept. 11, 2001, to play the New York Yankees. Two members of the 2001 Sox who are still with the team today are looking back.
A Chicago Police Sergeant who led a group of 19 officers from Chicago to New York City 10 years ago is looking back on the days they spent volunteering at Ground Zero.
A look back at the September 11th attacks includes a look up in Chicago to the Willis Tower. The Chicago icon was among those eventually named as a potential terror target.
Perhaps the two most famous words out of 9/11 were “Let’s Roll” – the rallying cry of Todd Beamer as he led fellow passengers on United Flight 93 to fight back against the hijackers.
Millie Flannery says the terrorists attacks on 9/11 gave her an idea. She and her neighbors decided to hold a good old-fashioned lemonade stand to help the community.
On Sept. 11, 2001, the man who is now Chicago’s police superintendent was deputy commissioner of operations for the New York Police Department — and he was at Ground Zero.
The 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks is now just days away. In Chicago, two men who are working to keep us from harm here and now are saying we’re safer than we were a decade ago.
There a few life-changing events in our lives. No question, 9/11 was one of them. CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports on how even a simple stroll into work is different than it was a decade ago.
Amtrak has enhanced its security ahead of the 9/11 anniversary and officials say that, over the past decade, they’ve transformed their police force from a unit that largely responds to crime to one that anticipates it.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!