A former Buddhist priest from the southwest suburbs has been brought back to the Chicago area to face charges he sexually assaulted a teenage girl.
Ten years ago in Dallas, American Catholic bishops responded to an exploding priest sex abuse scandal with a “zero tolerance” charter. Now, there are some that see the charter as a success, and some who do not.
A Buddhist priest who once lived and worked in the southwest suburbs has been arrested on sexual assault charges.
The Chicago Catholic Archdiocese is facing another priest sex abuse lawsuit, involving a now-dead priest who allegedly molested a boy nearly 30 years ago.
Daley Plaza will resemble a child’s bedroom Monday, in an effort to draw awareness for the victims of child sexual abuse.
An Iowa man is back in custody, after being captured in Chicago following a nationwide manhunt on charges that he tried to sexually assault at least one of his own children.
Bond was set Thursday at $1 million for a 35-year-old Cicero soccer and Tae Kwon Do instructor accused of sexual misconduct with two boys.
A southwest suburban man who admitted in court Tuesday that he molested a young girl in 2006 was sentenced to nine years in prison.
In what will likely be his final public performance, Steve Orland was defiant and unapologetic. On Friday, the former West Aurora High School band director pleaded guilty to sexually abusing two band students, then read a lengthy statement that praised his own accomplishments and ignored his two victims.
A west suburban man is going to prison for 35 years, for sexually abusing a little girl he babysat and sharing the images online.
Three teenage boys stand accused of forcing a 16-year-old girl to perform a sex act on them in a stairwell at Lincoln Park High School.
The worldwide priest sex abuse scandal is the focus of a gathering of hundreds of Catholic bishops and priests in Rome this week. But the president of the Survivors’ Network of Those Abused by Priests calls it a PR maneuver.
A teacher and coach at a high school in Orland Park was being being held on $250,000 bond Tuesday morning, on charges he sexually abused a student.
A teenager who claims he was sexually abused by a CTA security guard at an Orange Line stop last year is suing the guard, the CTA and the transit agency’s security companies.
Details are emerging about sexual misconduct allegations against a former West Aurora High School band teacher, who was arrested and charged last spring.
Former Penn State assistant football Coach Jerry Sandusky has waived his right to a preliminary hearing, during which some of his accusers had been expected to testify.
A suspected child molester now faces a new charge, for allegedly making alcohol in his cell at the Kendall County Jail.
One of the victims of a sexually abusive priest has reached a $3.2 million settlement with the Chicago Archdiocese.
A published report says dismissed Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno has contacted a criminal defense attorney.
The scandal at Penn State University has parents wondering what to look out for when they sign up their kids for various youth programs, and how to talk to their children about sex abuse.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!