I have said it once and I will say it again: If a team doesn’t win their conference championship, they SHOULD NOT be allowed to play for the national championship. I don’t care if Alabama did beat LSU in last seasons’ BCS National Championship game, I still don’t believe that they deserved to be there in the first place.
Prior to the start of the NBA Playoffs, I thought–and quite confidently too, I might add—that I had until the Eastern Conference Finals (at the very least) before I even had to consider the possibility of the Bulls being eliminated from the playoffs.
After seeing—and hearing—University of Wisconsin men’s basketball coach Bo Ryan being tarred and feathered while being dragged through town square on his way to the gallows for the way he “mishandled” the Jared Uthoff transfer request last week by members of the media, all I could do was sit back and shake my head in disgust.
I never thought I would say this, but maybe Mr. Wade and Mr. Allen should listen to LeBron James to see what it means to be a member of Team USA.
Does no one care that the man is an adulterer, a liar, and a cheat? Shouldn’t support be going out to Petrino’s wife and kids? Shouldn’t people be relieved that Ms. Dorrell wasn’t seriously injured in the crash instead of treating her like she is the problem?
Is this new found “calmness” a result of Cubs fans all of a sudden finding a moment of Zen and a new grasp on reality?
Former New Orleans Saints–and current St. Louis Rams–defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is a punk
There was a time–not too long ago–that my favorite sporting event to watch every year was the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
Unfortunately for the Magic, the only person seemingly in charge down in “the happiest place on Earth” is Dwight Howard
I would personally like to take the time to thank you two idiots for your idiotic statements regarding reigning NBA MVP– and Chicago’s favorite son — Derrick Rose.
If conference tournaments are all that matter for mid-major schools, why even bother playing a regular season?
While he may likely lose his job after this season, Weber is not the only problem at Assembly Hall.
Some players get named to the All-Star roster based on name recognition alone, while others—even when they are putting up “career numbers”—won’t even sniff the game.
Football coaches always preach to their players about the importance of living their lives with character, honor, and integrity.
The Pacers will not—and cannot–keep pace (no pun intended) with the Bulls or the Miami Heat as the season wears on.
Are you planning on cheering for the New England Patriots tomorrow night when they square off against the Denver Broncos in their AFC Divisional Playoff game?
If you signed a five year contract with a company, would you expect to be given a two-year extension after your first two years produced average results?
I suppose I should congratulate the Crimson Tide for beating the Tigers 21-0 to win their second “national championship” in the last three seasons, but I am having a really hard time doing so.
Cubs fans can now breathe a sigh of relief knowing that they won’t have to wonder when number 38 is going to “lose it” any longer.
To say that the Bulls have looked good in the teams’ first two games of the 2011-12 NBA season would be a lie.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!