The Cubs got the go-ahead Thursday to hold two more summer concerts at Wrigley Field, but that could be all they get for a while if local Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) has his way.
A Chicago Police officer was cut and injured, and at least one other person was reportedly stabbed, when revelry apparently got out of hand in the Clark and Belmont district in Lakeview – long after the vast majority of the crowd out for the Gay Pride Parade had gone home.
For the third time in just the past few weeks, police are trying to find some brazen thieves who get into stores by smashing their way in.
Fire reduced Roy’s Furniture Company in Lincoln Park to rubble, but the venerable neighborhood institution is already planning a comeback.
Demolition crews are clearing away what is left of Roy’s Furniture Company in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, which was reduced to rubble by an extra-alarm fire Tuesday afternoon.
CTA trains on the Red, Brown, and Purple Lines were shut down in the Lincoln Park neighborhood for nearly three hours Tuesday afternoon, after an extra-alarm fire broke out at a furniture store next to the ‘L’ tracks.
The Lakeview Baseball Club, one of the oldest rooftop clubs on the streets surrounding Wrigley Field, has been sold at a bankruptcy auction.
Bond has been set at $250,000 for a man who pulled out a gun and opened fire outside a nightclub in the Weed Street District over the weekend.
Three suspects were in custody and police were searching for a fourth on Sunday, after they fired shots and led police on a chase in the Lakeview neighborhood overnight.
Two men were arrested on warrants for dog fighting in the Lincoln Park neighborhood Wednesday.
The owners of a rooftop club across from Wrigley Field have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, in order to block a foreclosure auction that was set to go ahead within hours.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) has said the two residential hotels now in the process of closing in Lakeview are in “dangerous and deplorable” condition, but his staff wants to make sure everyone finds new housing.
Residents have now been ordered to move out of two of the few remaining single-room occupancy hotels in the greater Lakeview neighborhood.
A Chicago Police officer is hospitalized, after being hit and injured by a driver at a traffic checkpoint on the city’s Near North Side.
Uncle Fatty’s Rum Resort in the South Lakeview neighborhood has decided to call off a planned party celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden.
The Cubs are trying to give every fan the ultimate game experience by offering street festivals during three of its more popular series.
The Wrigleyville location of Harry Caray’s Tavern is closing, and looking for a new home.
- 3 Jump Off Roof Of Trump Tower Wearing ParachutesA trio of daredevils broke onto the roof of the Trump Tower overnight and jumped off using parachutes.158
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!