Five people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.
Three men were wounded during a shooting early Friday in the Pullman neighborhood on the Far South Side.
At least seven people were wounded in shootings across Chicago Wednesday afternoon and evening, police said.
The outbreak of shootings came after a two-week period of relative calm and, once again, coincided with an improvement in the weather, as temperatures climbed into the 80s.
One man was killed and nine were wounded in shootings across the city that began Wednesday afternoon and continued until just past midnight Thursday.
At least nine people were wounded in gun violence throughout the city over the weekend, including three men who were shot at the same time in the West Englewood neighborhood early Monday.
23 shot, three fatally. An ominous ending to the month of April last night in Chicago. Among the victims to survive: A man named Michael Bailey, Junior.
At least 10 people were wounded — including two 16 year olds — in shootings throughout the city Tuesday evening.
A teenager was fatally shot and a man was stabbed to death in separate incidents on Sunday.
Two men were shot dead and 20 others have been wounded in gun violence across the city over the Easter weekend, including a father and his 12-year-old son who were shot as they got out of a vehicle.
Two men were injured in separate shootings on the West Side Tuesday evening, police said.
Two men are dead and at least another 12 were wounded from acts of violence this weekend throughout the city, from the South and Southwest side to Humboldt Park to Rogers Park.
One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
Two men were critically injured by stab wounds and five people were shot Sunday morning in five separate incidents.
Police have made no arrests in either shooting as area detectives investigate.
Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
The first batch of Chicago cops being pulled off desk duty are slated to hit the streets this weekend. That can’t come soon enough for Police Supt. Garry McCarthy, who said in an interview on the CBS 2 Morning News that it’s “very, very frustrating” that improvements in violent crime in Chicago are frequently followed by backsliding.
As the temperatures rose and the sun went down, violence broke out in Chicago overnight.
Weekend gun violence in Chicago left two men dead and at least 14 other people wounded, including a man shot during a party in the Loop’s historic Palmer House Hilton Hotel.
Three people have been killed and five others wounded in Chicago gun violence since Friday afternoon, authorities said. Many of the shooting victims, including two of the people killed, are teenagers.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.309
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.326
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!