Preparation for spring construction on the CTA’s Red Line will lead to the shutdown of weekend service on the Ashland/63rd branch of the Green Line for three consecutive weekends beginning at 10 p.m. Friday.
Hundreds of people poured out of two Chicago parties overnight, as firefighters discovered several code violations, and shut things down.
Gov. Pat Quinn has officially abandoned his hope of shutting down some Illinois prison facilities by the end of the week, according to a Corrections Department letter obtained Monday by The Associated Press.
The Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) was shut down in both directions in McHenry County Friday morning, following a serious crash.
CTA officials have been working hard behind the scenes to have some answers to placate South Side Red Line riders when two public hearings take place next week on the reconstruction project, and its scheduled five month shutdown.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Mayor Rahm Emanuel is defending the Chicago Transit Authority’s plans to shut down the Dan Ryan branch of the Red Line for several months next year while the ‘L’ is rehabilitated. As […]
Demolition crews are clearing away what is left of Roy’s Furniture Company in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, which was reduced to rubble by an extra-alarm fire Tuesday afternoon.
Authorities continue to investigate why a reactor went down at a nuclear power plant near Rockford.
Exelon was working to restore operations at a nuclear reactor unit near Rockford, after the reactor went down Monday morning.
Eastbound Fullerton Avenue was blocked early Monday at the Kennedy Expressway, after a crash took down a traffic light pole.
A multi-vehicle pileup early Tuesday shut down the inbound Kennedy Expressway, causing a major headache for early-morning commuters.
The landmark accelerator that led to the discovery of an elementary atomic particle is being turned off for good Friday at Fermilab in the western suburbs.
Chicagoans pride themselves on being able to get places in any kind of weather. The Old Farmer’s Almanac does not agree.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) says he expects Congress to do what is necessary to keep the mail coming, through sleet and snow.
A woman was killed after being struck by a Blue Line train Friday afternoon on the Near West Side, temporarily shutting power in both directions.
Michigan Avenue downtown was busy and bustling as usual in the midday hours, but a suspicious package shut the road down in the wee hours when a suspicious package was discovered.
Computer problems were causing delays Friday night with United Airline’s operations, impacting flights nationwide. O’Hare Airport in Chicago became snared with stranded passengers.
The bulldozers and jackhammers will keep moving on Illinois roadways, thanks to an eleventh-hour agreement that averted a shutdown.
Gov. Pat Quinn called legislative leaders to his Thompson Center office, and gave them till Friday to agree on a plan that he said would avoid a shutdown of state construction projects.
Was it fear of a violent flash mob, heat sickness, or just too many people? The search for answers continues this morning about why North Avenue Beach was shut down on Memorial Day.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!