A “significant winter storm” could bring as much as four or five inches of snow to parts of the Chicago area late Thursday and early Friday, according to the National Weather Service.
Snow and blowing snow to continue until late this morning.
The snow had largely stopped overnight, but flurries were expected to continue Friday morning.
After 335 days without an inch of snow, the past 11 days have more closely resembled a typical winter in Chicago, with alternating snow and cold. It’s good news for hardware stores.
A fast-moving storm will create moderate to heavy snowfall for a couple of hours on Tuesday afternoon.
Snowfall across the area on Monday is making for a long and treacherous morning commute.
The Chicago area will be under a winter advisory tonight and through Monday morning’s commute, with the National Weather Service forecasting 3 to 6 inches of snow falling between 9 p.m. Sunday and noon. As much as two inches of snow could blanket the city by morning.
The Chicago area could get as much as an inch of snow overnight, according to the National Weather Service. The snow could reduce visibility to under a mile at times.
Once upon a time, a record breaking warm January day in Chicago was followed by a record breaking blizzard.
An inch of snowfall in January wouldn’t typically even be noticed by most Chicagoans, but this year is a bit different.
As most of Chicago woke up to another day of single digit temperatures, folks in Northwest Indiana were dealing with something many of us haven’t seen in a while: snow.
Experts say the lack of snow — coming off of an extremely dry summer — is literally stressing trees out. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
The warm, dry weather set another record on Wednesday.
It has not been a white winter so far in Chicago, as the city has recorded barely more than an inch of snow.
The question remains: Why haven’t we had more snow? CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
The snow started falling on the North-Side around 9 this morning, just as kids and parents were waking up or wrapping up from opening all their Christmas gifts.
Those dreaming of a white Christmas in Chicago might get a flurry — but it won’t be a winter wonderland.
The Chicago area got only a light dusting of snow overnight, after forecasts called for as much as 4 to 6 inches in some northwestern suburbs.
It’s going to get progressively worse on Chicago area roads this afternoon and evening as the winter’s first snowstorm moves through, but the Illinois Department of Transportation said it’s ready to keep highways as clear as possible.
With snow in the forecast, the owner of a Bridgeport hardware store has his fingers crossed.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!