Around 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.
Fredrick Goings was sentenced to life in prison Thursday for the 2009 murders of the ex-girlfriend of former Bulls star Eddy Curry and their infant daughter.
A Rockford man has been charged with brutally attacking and sexually assaulting a woman in the South Loop in January, before breaking into her home and robbing her husband.
The deep fryers are on overdrive as the kitchen at Jimmy Green’s in the South Loop prepares for another big Blackhawks crowd.
Hundreds of people poured out of two Chicago parties overnight, as firefighters discovered several code violations, and shut things down.
From casual bars to those with a taste of New Orleans, consider watching the Super Bowl at a sports bar in Chicago. Where to go? Check out the list for details.
A new building has been constructed, and is set to open next fall at 700 S. State St., but the mayor said the old building, at 606 S. State St., won’t be destroyed as originally planned.
Residents of the Dearborn Park neighborhood were on alert Thursday, a day after a man sexually assaulted a resident outside her home. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
Residents in the South Loop are being urged to be vigiliant- after an armed man sexually assaulted a woman.
A Chicago policeman who’d been with the department for 30 years was found dead in the lobby of his South Loop apartment building Sunday night.
A robbery suspect armed with a machine gun was arrested on the South Loop early Friday morning.
There’s nothing quite like displaying a unique work of art, especially one by a local artist that was less than $100. Follow these tips to find creative works while supporting local artists.
Former Mayor Daley has sold his South Loop home, but it is staying in the family.
There’s a brand new, elite public high school going up in the South Loop, but there’s controversy, too. Not over the new building, but over what to do with the old one.
A high school and college basketball star was pistol-whipped and robbed in the middle of the day Monday his South Loop condo.
A gull, apparently overheated from the sweltering conditions, found some relief in the South Loop on Thursday, thanks to the generosity of a woman and her kids.
Chicago police stations are supposed to be able to double as cooling centers for the public when the weather turns hot, but the Central District station in the South Loop is offering no such relief during this heat wave.
A huge section of pavement on Columbus Drive buckled in the afternoon heat on Wednesday in the South Loop.
A biker was killed when he was thrown from his motorcycle on the Eisenhower Expressway and landed on the Kennedy Expressway Tuesday night at the Circle Interchange in the South Loop, police said.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel was out thanking people in the South Loop Tuesday morning for putting up with NATO.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.667
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!