The longtime pastor of a Catholic church in the Longwood Manor neighborhood is leaving the position he’s held for 35 years, but he’s not going quietly.
A vehicle struck and killed injured a woman getting into a car on the Southwest Side early Saturday.
A Southwest Side woman wants others to know what happened to her a week ago.
Police in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood are warning residents about two teenage boys who are targeting female victims for robbery.
A man caught up in a love triangle was shot dead early Monday on the Southwest Side, police said.
Five men have been killed and at least 23 people were wounded in gun violence on the city’s streets from Friday night to Sunday night.
A person discovered dead by firefighters when a fire erupted Saturday at a Southwest Side home had been stabbed to death, officials said.
Two teenage boys were shot in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood Wednesday night on the Southwest Side.
Eight people were injured in a bus crash late Monday morning in the Gage Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
A freight train derailment on the Southwest Side left several rail cars tossed about early Sunday.
A 55-year-old CTA bus driver with more than 18 years on the job died Tuesday after collapsing behind the wheel on the Southwest Side, according to the transit agency.
A dump truck driver struck and killed a 72-year-old woman in the Southwest Side’s Clearing neighborhood Friday evening, then drove off.
One person is dead and another is critically injured after a shooting on the Southwest Side Tuesday evening, police said.
A man is in “very critical” condition after being shot in the head early Sunday as he rode in a car in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.
There was a free gas giveaway on 45th Street and Pulaski Road Thursday morning, and unsurprisingly, the line into the gas station was long.
A man was critically wounded in a shooting early Saturday in the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood.
One man was killed, and six more were injured, in shootings around Chicago overnight.
The car belonging to a man wanted for shooting a co-worker at a warehouse in downstate Manteno has been found in Chicago’s Gage Park neighborhood.
At least nine people were hurt in shootings across the city late Friday into early Saturday.
A 13-year-old boy was shot multiple times while standing on a porch in the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood Wednesday night.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!