The top cops for Chicago and Cook County are working to get guns off the streets, but a pro NRA group wants to put them back in the hands of people living in Chicago.
A Chicago firefighter and paramedic was killed in a motorcycle crash near Springfield on Thursday.
The clock is ticking for Illinois lawmakers to come to an agreement on the pension crisis.
The November unemployment is rate is 8.7 percent, down from 8.8 percent in October and down from 9.8 percent in November a year ago.
William Lee Martin was killed Friday night, making it two sons killed in one year for Thelma Smith,
Five of those killed were fatally shot, while a sixth was stabbed to death, authorities said.
Some Illinois lawmakers are pushing back against a proposal to provide driver’s licenses for illegal immigrants.
Will Illinois be the next state to allow medical marijuana prescriptions? CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
The Illinois House of Representatives has voted to expel state Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago).
CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports on the slim chances Illinois lawmakers will fix the state’s pension mess in an election year.
Fear over Guantanamo inmates coming inland is holding up the sale of the state prison at Thomson.
William Cellini, the long-time Illinois powerbroker convicted of conspiring to shake down a Hollywood producer, has suffered a heart attack.
A school bus carrying 6th-grade students from Highland has collided with a tractor trailer near the southern Illinois community of Litchfield.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel went to Springfield on Tuesday to speak to state lawmakers about the need for pension reform at the city and state levels.
Is the NATO Summit happening at McCormick Place in Chicago in a couple of weeks like we’ve been hearing all this time? Listen to the narration of a video about the upcoming summit, and it might be hard to tell.
U.S. prosecutors in Springfield announced the indictment of Regina Evans on Friday. She’s charged with mail fraud and money laundering.
On a day when Pro Football Hall of Famer Richard Dent was honored in the Illinois House, it seems the only person reporters wanted to talk to was indicted Illinois State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago).
Dozens of Chicago union workers boarded buses to Springfield Tuesday morning, where they joined about 3,000 other workers protesting today’s speech by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.
State university officials have begun their annual trek to Springfield, testifying before panels of House and Senate lawmakers about what their financial needs will be for the upcoming fiscal year.
The proposal is one female legislator’s reaction to legislation that would encourage women to get an ultrasound before ending a pregnancy.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!