Ten years ago this month, 13 people died when two levels of porches full of party-goers collapsed in Lincoln Park. “I don’t remember hitting the ground,” survivor Natalie Brougham said.
“To me this is not work. This is a hobby,” Ches Perry said. “I can do this seven days a week, day and night. I don’t care.”
A local pet store chain has been hit with a lawsuit accusing it of dealing with puppy mills, and a former employee of that store has been telling her story to WBBM Newsradio’s Steve Miller.
An Illinois-based puppy supplier that advertises, “Our babies sleep in cribs, not cages” is being sued and accused of getting dogs from puppy mills.
Parents at an Andersonville elementary school slated to close this summer said Chicago Public Schools officials have added insult to injury, with plans to dismantle some historic murals before school is even out.
The state lawmaker who has served as chief sponsor of proposed same-sex marriage legislation said Sunday he has no intention of stepping aside as sponsor, despite pressure from prominent voices in the gay community over his decision not to call the issue to a vote last week.
Volunteers from PAWS Chicago are going to tornado-torn Oklahoma this weekend to bring back 75 homeless dogs and cats.
Scammers will run an ad – on Craigslist, for example – which touts low rent for a nice house, and ask for money to hold the property for interested renters.
A 37-year-old Harvey man was scheduled to appear in bond court Friday, after police found one dead dog and seven other abused or neglected dogs while enforcing an eviction at his home in south suburban Harvey.
This spring is shaping up as a red-eyed, congested allergy season – on a par with last year.
It has been the biggest drill the department has done in years.
A south suburban mother wants school officials – and parents – to hear her story of how she almost lost her 12-year-old son last week to suicide, because he was bullied.
The DuPage County Coroner has identified the skeletal remains found in a wooded area in west suburban Woodridge last month as that of a man who has been missing for more than six years.
It was just before 7 in the morning and the rain was pouring down, when 39-year-old Randy Ho heard the car crash outside his home in Woodstock, and saw that a woman was hurt.
It was a discovery made just a couple of weeks ago, and the Fire Department has been scrambling to correct the situation.
The show will go on. Next Wednesday, the 17th annual Ebertfest begins in Champaign at the Virginia Theatre, home to the film festival for 15 years.
For the first time in 20 years, the minimum passing grade is going up on the Illinois Bar Exam.
The great aunt of two girls who vanished 12 years ago said she received an email from a woman in Gary who told her something was weighing heavy on her heart.
Just a few weeks after the Cook County Medical Examiner put its list of unidentified and unclaimed remains online, a family has now stepped forward to make identification.
March 9, 1909 is the birthdate of Max Fabian. He’s kind of a character.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!