One of the vehicles overturned in a ditch and the other vehicle was disabled in the left lane following the crash.
The driver of a car that became disabled in traffic on the Stevenson Expressway early Wednesday near southwest suburban Plainfield was killed when a semi plowed into his car and another car that stopped to help.
Police are investigating a murder on a major expressway ramp right by Chicago’s convention center on Friday morning.
More Pace buses will be riding the shoulders of I-55 by next summer — and could possibly be taking riders between the Loop and southwest suburbs middays, and on specials to White Sox and Bears games.
Rags — the little white dog that managed to avoid cars on the Stevenson Expressway for more than an hour a week ago — is getting a home on Thursday.
The outbound Stevenson Expressway was shut down Thursday morning near the Des Plaines River bridge, after a vehicle rolled over and caught fire.
A dog was spotted running in the middle of the Stevenson Expressway Tuesday morning.
At least one lane of the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) was shut down and traffic slowed for about four hours Saturday morning following a collision between a car and a semi truck.
A serious accident blocked three left lanes on the Tri-State Tollway at Roosevelt Road Tuesday morning.
For the sixth time in the past week, rock-throwers have damaged cars on a Chicago area expressway.
Six vehicles were damaged late Saturday night when someone threw rocks at cars on the Stevenson Expressway from a railroad overpass on the Southwest Side.
A suburban woman who missed her prom when she was paralyzed in a drunken driving crash will be going to the prom Friday night, after an unlikely meeting.
The outbound Stevenson Expressway was snagged Friday morning when one Cook County Sheriff’s prisoner bus rear-ended another in a convoy.
With less than a month until the NATO summit in Chicago, the alderman whose ward will be most affected by security efforts was urging people to leave town during the summit, but the city’s top cop was downplaying potential disruptions.
The U.S. Secret Service has revealed security measures for next month’s NATO summit, which will push protesters a bit further away from McCormick Place than they originally planned to be.
A dump truck full of construction debris flipped over on a ramp between the Stevenson Expressway and the Tri-State Tollway early Monday, causing major backups.
It has been four months since Pace buses began roaring up and down the shoulders of Interstate 55, and the program is proving so successful that Pace is adding buses and extending one of the lines.
A puppy got loose on the Stevenson Expressway Friday morning, but police were able to keep the animal away from traffic.
For the first time, organizers of May’s NATO summit have laid out some details of security and crowd control plans that will be in place downtown and near McCormick Place.
A truck hauling scrap metal flipped over early Thursday on a ramp between the Dan Ryan and Stevenson expressways.
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.189
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!