A 53-year-old Streamwood man has been sentenced to two years in prison for stalking an 8-year-old girl.
Streamwood Police are asking for help and have released surveillance photos of the suspect.
24-year-old clerk at a northwest suburban gas station was stabbed to death early Saturday.
An overnight fire that caused about $75,000 in damage to a northwest suburban home may have been caused by outdoor holiday lights, fire officials said Thursday morning.
The body of a missing 20-year-old woman from Streamwood has been found in a park near where she was last seen alive.
A 53-year-old lunch and recess supervisor at a northwest suburban elementary school was charged with stalking Friday for initiating “inappropriate communications” with a 9-year-old student.
A man who turned himself into police has been charged in connection with an armed home invasion Friday afternoon in Streamwood that put two schools and a library on lockdown.
A man taken into federal custody in Streamwood Friday afternoon allegedly phoned in a bomb threat to an Iowa shopping mall earlier this week.
Prosecutors say a man had marijuana in his system when he caused a crash that killed a long-time music teacher in the Elgin schools.
The deaths Friday of two men — one in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood and another in northwest suburban Streamwood — were due in part from exposure to the cold.
A 43-year-old man was hospitalized Monday afternoon after he tried to ride his bicycle across a frozen pond in northwest suburban Streamwood and fell through the ice.
A new twist on the resale shop has come to Streamwood. New Uses, the Resale Home Store, opens Saturday (Feb. 18) at 490 Bartlett Rd. in Streamwood.
A community’s love was felt on Monday as a hometown soldier returned home from war. With the war in Iraq now a completed mission, thousands of soldiers are returning home and the relief of having their son back with them is the best of Christmas presents for the Rundquist family in Streamwood.
A Streamwood woman was sentenced to 34 years in prison on Wednesday for using her car as a weapon to kill a 17-year-old boy over a dispute with her son.
A 19-year-old northwest suburban woman gave birth to a full-term baby boy in a Salvation Army store bathroom last week, then wrapped a plastic bag around his neck, put him in a garbage bag and covered his body with paper towels.
Streamwood police say they are questioning a person of interest in the death of a newborn found last week in a bathroom at a Salvation Army Store.
A Saturday autopsy determined an infant boy found in a garbage can at a northwest suburban Salvation Army store Friday afternoon was strangled.
A Streamwood mother has been found guilty of killing a teen with her car in Elgin two years ago.
The murder trial of a Streamwood mother is slated to begin today in Kane County.
Serious injuries were reported this morning, when a car and a sport-utility vehicle collided on Route 59 in Streamwood.
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.313
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!