“Water quality makes a tremendous difference in how we can interact with the river, but also provides us jobs; it provides us business revenue,” said Friends of the Chicago River executive director Margaret Frisbie.
A new study commissioned by the University of Chicago paints a disappointing picture of technology use among public school students in Chicago.
A study by Chicago area university professors has found, if history is any guide, the Chicago Public Schools’ plan to close 53 schools will fail when all is said and done.
CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports for some women, the study itself has their hearts pumping.
A new study by DePaul University advises at least $2 billion a year in spending is needed for the Chicago area’s mass transit system, to avoid a meltdown of the aging network.
The Chicago Teachers Union accused the Chicago Public Schools system of “educational apartheid” on Friday.
A new study concludes that Gary, Ind., is the most under-policed city in the country.
A recent breakthrough could change the way doctors treat breast cancer.
United Airlines ranks dead last in a U.S. Department of Transportation analysis of on-time performance for the month of July, according to a published report.
A new report says many suburbs are transit-friendly – that is, hospitable for those who are not traveling with a car.
A new study by Knox College in Galesburg, Ill., indicates that girls as young as 6 are beginning to think of themselves a sex objects.
Arrests for violent crime plunged and school attendance improved among troubled Chicago teenagers in a program that combines counseling with Olympic sports like archery and judo, according to a University of Chicago study released Friday.
If you drive in the Chicago area, you’re going to find a recent study hard to believe.
A consultant’s study on the economic impact of the summit indicates total spending of $128 million, local tax revenues of $3 million and more than 2,000 temporary jobs. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
New research from Chicago suggests that keeping physically active can also keep you mentally fit.
A new study out today raises some serious concerns about unborn babies and the potential for autism.
DEKALB, Ill. (CBS) — Emergency dispatchers suffer many of the same kinds of symptoms that can lead to post-traumatic stress disorder, according to a new study. As WBBM Newsradio’s Bernie Tafoya reports, researchers at Northern […]
Former Chicago Public Schools chief executive officer Paul Vallas says new research from the University of Chicago vindicates a program he instituted that had many doubters.
Chicago was recently deemed the most corrupt city in the nation, and deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich last week became the second consecutive governor in prison for corruption convictions.
People often drink diet sodas to be healthier, but new research suggests some potential health dangers. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports a look at the risk and has some advice on what to do if you’re a fan of those drinks.
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!