Chicago saw its second consecutive day of record heat on Monday, when the temperature reached 95 degrees at O’Hare International Airport early Monday afternoon.
If the ingredients list contains words no one can pronounce, the most important rule of food club is it doesn’t come through the front door. We don’t just abide by this rule concerning food, though; we typically try to adhere to it with most all products we use, including those found in our medicine cabinet. Here’s a list of products you could likely find in your own backyard (if you grew and harvested them) that are must-haves for kiddos who are intent on enjoying their summers.
Going on a road trip this summer? Entertain yourself and the kids with these fun car games along the way.
Summer’s here, and the time is right for dancing in the seats. Check out this season’s hottest outdoor concert tours.
If you have a budding young performer who dreams of taking center stage, sign that little singer, dancer, actor or comedian up for a summertime program that will offer theater, acting and performance arts classes near home. From Shakespeare to “Glee,” Chicago’s got theater covered.
Though summer seems like a distant dream during February in Chicago, summer camp registration is in full swing! Here’s a list of only a few notable summer camps in the Chicagoland area among the many, many (did I say many? Because I mean many!) camps offered. Be sure to click over to the websites to get all the details of registration, ages and dates!
Gasoline prices could approach $5 a gallon by Memorial Day and stay a record levels for much of the summer, according to a forecast by GasBuddy.com.
Harrison is a 28-year-old Chicagoan by way of Mississippi. Fascinated by sewing and creating at a young age from his Grandmother in Mississippi, he landed himself in Chicago to attend Academy of Design, Chicago. It was there that he created a life and met his future (now current) business partner. They currently co-run Cheairs, a fashion design business…
For the longest time a lady’s go-to item in her wardrobe has been the LBD (little black dress). While that staple should still remain in your closet, I feel a new, exciting go-to item is the LWD (little white dress)…
Labor Day means the end of summer. Make it last forever with these delicious food and drink recipes to enjoy summer produce all year long.
Labor Day comes at a unique time of year. Caught between two seasons, we’re left picking sides: do we try to Hold On To Summer or Embrace Fall?
How to find a great skirt, and then build off of it! Skirt trends for the summer, what are yours?
I can’t help the occasional (cough) shopping spree. Just the word “shopping” rouses energy. And when summer arrives, so do my out-of-town guests. As my friends and family trek themselves to Chicago for a visit, the agenda naturally includes… shopping.
Trends come and go. Some come again, and some we can’t wait to go. I used to think Boho Chic was just a trend, but its resurrection and prominence in the fashion world for the last 10 years suggests otherwise. With roots back to the late 60s through 70s, it represented an easy going, loving life, peace, and harmony approach to an ever-changing world.
Are you a workout fanatic? Check out this go-to gear, great for when you sweat, that’ll make you look good too.
During the hot, humid, sticky days of Chicago summer, a day of sitting inside the house with the kids doesn’t seem appealing – even if there is air conditioning to keep everyone cool. Venturing off to the local pool is a great way to beat the heat!
Are you looking for a way to spice up your summer wardrobe with something that is equally versatile as it is fashion forward? My answer is SHORTS! Shorts are this summer’s must have item and this season I have noticed more variety and originality than ever before.
Just head East this summer. Chicago’s 33—yes 33!—beaches span the Lakefront and offer an urban retreat for those looking to unwind in the sun. Part of your beach-bound fun is the style you sport – straw, stripes, and puka shells included! Start simple and build on a classic bikini with eclectic accessories.
Here’s a roundup of a few of my favorite Summer-themed articles to help ring in the occasion!
There is such a thing as half-priced shopping. Budget-minded shoppers with an eye for style and a thin wallet: head to Lincoln Park. Create your wardrobe from the latest trends—and most classic pieces—at a fraction of the cost.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!