Sometimes over-exposure to the media can result in athletes saying things they wind up regretting
When 49-year-old Sharon Osgood of Hayward, Calif. wired $5,900 to a person selling four Super Bowl tickets on Craigslist, she was shocked when she got a package containing the “tickets.”
If the Sports Illustrated story alleging Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis used a banned, performance-enhancing drug to recover from injury this season is to believed, then Ray Lewis is one horrible liar.
A year removed from the experience, we tend to forget that consuming the Super Bowl can be a chore if not handled correctly.
Julie has been sent a memo on what she can and can’t say regarding the The Game That Must Not Be Named in New Orleans this coming Sunday. She’s not very happy about it. See why in this video.
They used to be tightly held secrets, more than the actual game plans before the big game.
For you perhaps, or for the casual fan, or for your guests at a rousing chaotic gathering, I offer further levels of couch enjoyment.
The much talked about Super Bowl matchup between the Harbaugh brothers has been beaten into your head, but did you know it gets more complicated than that?
Stuck in the middle. That’s exactly where the family of John and Jim Harbaugh say they want to remain when the two brothers square off in the Super Bowl.
After being sidelined with a concussion earlier in the season, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith is handling an uncomfortable situation well, saying he is ready to back up Colin Kaepernick in the Super Bowl.
The Ravens came out of a three-game losing streak to make it to the big game in The Big Easy. December started off rough for the Ravens with consecutive losses to the Steelers, Redskins and Broncos. But as fate would have it, their lowest point became a turning point.
The San Francisco 49ers running back was fined $10,500 by the NFL on Wednesday after he wore his socks too low in Sunday’s NFC championship game at Atlanta, a uniform violation. It marked the second time he was fined this season.
From casual bars to those with a taste of New Orleans, consider watching the Super Bowl at a sports bar in Chicago. Where to go? Check out the list for details.
Former Oakland coach Bill Callahan has denied allegations made by two of his former players that he “sabotaged” the Raiders in their Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay 10 years ago.
Joe Flacco outdueled Tom Brady, throwing three touchdown passes in the second half and leading the Baltimore Ravens to their first Super Bowl in 12 years with a 28-13 victory over the New England Patriots on Sunday for the AFC championship.
Frank Gore ran for a pair of second-half touchdowns and the 49ers rebounded from a 17-0 deficit to beat the Atlanta Falcons 28-24 in the NFC championship game Sunday, sending San Francisco to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1995.
Here’s what I would be telling Trestman before he steps into the glare of the lights.
It wasn’t much, but it could be enough to stir the last remnants of aging Ditkaphiles, so look out. Some still live among us, and still have the navy-blue sweater.
I lacked the gift of Chicago Bears hope and excitement.
Slam. Click. That’s the Bears’ much-discussed championship window, closed and locked. Sealed until further notice.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.150
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!