Survive This Economy
It’s hard to believe, but it was one year ago this week when CBS 2 introduced you to the Wright family, a suburban couple with four kids, trying to “Survive This Economy” by saving some serious money.
Some of the biggest stores have started offering shoppers something new this holiday season to help them “Survive This Economy.” Many major retailers have offered price matching, including for online competitors.
One of the hottest holiday promotions this year is already in full swing. Major retailers are slashing layaway fees, in order to reel in early Christmas shoppers.
Trying to “Survive This Economy” and pay for your kids’ college education has become tougher than ever in recent years.
When it comes to saving money, baby steps can add up to big payoffs.
Your kids are watching — that’s the reminder for parents from a financial expert who said, when it comes to money, and surviving this economy, you’re a role model for your kids, even if you don’t realize it.
A recent survey reveals that nearly a third of Chicago area homeowners are still underwater – meaning they owe more money on their mortgage than their home is worth. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, even if you don’t have equity in your home, there is help available if you want to refinance your home loan.
It’s hard to “Survive This Economy” when the cost of cable and satellite TV is so high.
It’s the start of the back-to-school shopping season, and this year, more and more bargain hunters are heading to resale, consignment, and thrift stores.
A lot of stay-at-home moms who are trying to survive this economy are jumping back into the work force, but it can be a challenge. Just ask Sinora Wright. The suburban mother of four is working to increase her chances of being hired.
One way husbands can make their wives adoring fans it to take care of the “Honey Do” list.
To survive this economy, many stay-at-home moms are looking to rejoin the workforce, but for moms like Sinora Wright – who last held a full-time job seven years ago – jumping back into the job market can seem daunting.
The Wright family is celebrating more than just the 4th of July today, they are celebrating their biggest payoff ever since CBS 2 started following their effort to “Survive This Economy” eight months ago.
It’s summertime and everyone wants to be in shape. You already know losing weight is good for your health, but CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports getting fit can also save you money on life insurance.
Going to the movies can be a shock to your pocket especially if you’re a fan of popcorn.
It’s the last week of school for kids in Chicago, and you know what that means: parents will soon be hearing “what’s there to eat?” all day long. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports the cost of all those snacks can really add up, so getting creative in the kitchen with your kids can save you a lot of money.
Summer means movie, but that can cost you a bundle, especially if you have kids like the Wrights, a suburban couple with four kids.
Getting a job in this economy is tough enough, but imagine looking for a job after being out of the workforce for seven years. More than 5 million mothers opt to be stay-at-home moms, but many of them have begun looking to re-enter the workplace.
You want a great garden, but it’s tough if you’re on a budget. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker, with the help of experts, explains where gardeners can get high-quality plants at a very low cost.
Four ingredients – that’s all you need to cut the cost of cleaning your home. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker says they are four things you probably already have, and one of them is free.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.403
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!