After 2nd graders from Riley Elementary in Arlington Heights recited facts about the history of immigration in the U.S., some 7th graders took the stage at London Middle School in Wheeling to outline their proposals before their peers and politicians.
Several members of Illinois’s congressional delegation have joined the growing chorus of voices pressuring U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) to speak out about his ongoing medical and legal troubles.
Iraq War veteran Tammy Duckworth has ousted Tea Party-backed Congressman Joe Walsh from the 8th Congressional District.
Five days before the election, Republican Congressman Joe Walsh said his Democratic opponent, Tammy Duckworth, needs to come clean about her treatment of two state workers when she headed the Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs. But Duckworth said she is “disgusted” that Walsh has been trying to use veterans’ issues for political gain.
Democrats in the northwest suburbs are trying to prod more voters into casting ballots early, even though there are already many in line.
Republican Congressman Joe Walsh’s son on Tuesday pleaded with his father’s Democratic challenger, Tammy Duckworth, to pull campaign ads accusing his father of being a deadbeat dad, calling the ads “hurtful” and “untrue.”
Congressman Joe Walsh receded from controversial comments he made after a debate this week, that abortions are never necessary to save the life of a mother because of medical advances.
Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth is trying to raise questions about who exactly is behind a SuperPAC she says has raised nearly $2 million for her opponent, Congressman Joe Walsh.
Democratic Congressional candidate Tammy Duckworth is hoping federally funded road construction projects — and some suburban mayors who might not support her — can help her score some points against Republican incumbent Joe Walsh in the 8th Congressional District.
As CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley reports, Congressman Joe Walsh and challenger Tammy Duckworth are pulling out all the stops.
A third debate between candidates in one of the most-watched congressional races devolved into name calling as Republican Congressman Joe Walsh labeled Democrat Tammy Duckworth a “failed bureaucrat” and she called him a tea party servant.
Congressman Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) said Tuesday that the recent arrest of a Muslim teenager from Hillside for allegedly plotting to detonate a car bomb outside a downtown bar proves his point about radical Islam is a real threat that exists in the Chicago suburbs.
Suburban Congressional candidate Tammy Duckworth is assure the business community that she is ready to respond to their needs.
It was Illinois night at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday, as familiar faces from Mayor Rahm Emanuel to Gov. Pat Quinn to First Lady Michelle Obama took the stage to speak to the crowd, as Illinois’ delegates sat front row.
One might call it Illinois Day at Democratic National Convention as officials prepare for opening night Tuesday.
Republican Congressman Joe Walsh isn’t apologizing for his statement that Democratic rival Tammy Duckworth seems to talk too much about her military service record.
Eagles guitarist and rock legend Joe Walsh is taking sides in the Illinois 8th Congressional District race – and he’s not throwing his support to the Congressman who shares his name.
U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) is taking heat for some comments he made at a recent town hall meeting in Schaumburg.
A trio of Democrats has banded together to campaign for Congress against Republicans on the issue of Medicare, and the budget.
National Democrats are putting a circle around Illinois as one of the key states that could tip the scales, and allow the Democrats to regain control of the House of Representatives.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!