Chicago Police say some bold thieves made their own cash dash Monday morning downtown.
Cook County prosecutors say a Chinese citizen is in the County Jail, awaiting trial on charges he stole storage lockers full of merchandise and cyber-terrorized anyone who got in his way.
It appears there will be a baseball season after all for a team of 11-year olds who learned this week about the bad, and good, in life.
Multiple felony charges are expected Wednesday against a 40-year-old man accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a Little League team in northwest Indiana.
The former president of the Chicago police sergeants’ union has pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $1 million in union dues to pay for a lavish lifestyle, including a house in the Edgebrook neighborhood.
A court hearing is scheduled this week for a lawsuit accusing the chef at an Evanston bakery of taking the recipes with her when she quit.
A Waukegan man is facing drug and theft charges after police say they caught him running a phony drug rehab home.
A couple of northwest suburban teens are in a bit of trouble after allegedly taking a joyride in a car that wasn’t theirs.
Some southwest suburban workers who got the munchies are now in trouble with the law.
The Internal Revenue service has launched a nationwide attack on the problem of identity theft and false filing of tax returns.
Thieves were caught on tape swiping jewelry by the bucketful at a Hobart jewelry store.
Police in McHenry County are looking for someone who took advantage of two teens, who were themselves taking advantage of their parents by having a party when they were home alone recently.
A proposal at the Illinois State Capitol would cut down on stolen scrap metal in Illinois.
A teenage boy stole a woman’s wallet as she rode a bus overnight, but the woman chased the thief down and cornered him until police arrived.
Two teens have been charged with burglarizing a northwest suburban school after stolen items were found on one of the teens who police found intoxicated and passed out in a local business.
A manhunt continued Wednesday for a fugitive who escaped from custody while handcuffed and stole a police squad car full of weapons in northwest Indiana.
Thefts are happening a lot this holiday season, especially in Logan Square. CBS 2’s Kristyn Hartman reports.
Two men are accused of robbing people of the items they are selling on Craigslist, then going back to the Web site to resell the items themselves. They were caught when one of their alleged victims turned the tables.
A Palos Hills man has been charged with stealing a donation jar intended for a cancer patient, after he turned himself in.
Two teenage girls charged with helping steal and crash a Lexus in River North are in even more trouble, now facing charges for attacking and beating a 10-year-old girl in the old Cabrini-Green neighborhood last week.
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!