In a fascinating twist of fandom, this year’s NCAA Basketball Tournament has turned the rooting interests for many Midwestern hoops followers on its head as Big Ten pride has outweighed school pride.
Two years ago, Jordan Morgan and Michigan had to play a road game in the NCAA tournament — or so it seemed at first.
Louisville’s pressure. Jim Boeheim’s postgame press conferences. HAVOC. Coach K’s drive for five. Get pumped, people — it’s tourney time!
Gary Harris scored 20 points and No. 19 Michigan State broke away in the second half to beat Loyola.
Instead of making a brief statement in support of his friend, Izzo opted on Friday to instead unspool an inappropriate – and inaccurate – rant against Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas.
After addressing the game, Izzo set aside time to specifically address Illinois’ decision to fire Bruce Weber. And wow, he had a lot to say.
Cody Zeller scored 18 points and Victor Oladipo added 13, leading No. 18 Indiana past No. 5 Michigan State 70-55 on Tuesday night, its third victory over a top five team this season.
Draymond Green had 14 points and 16 rebounds to lead No. 9 Michigan State to a 64-54 win over No. 23 Michigan on Sunday, backing up his guarantee of a victory.
Brandon Paul shook off a poor-shooting game to score 18 points, including two free throws with 45 seconds left that gave Illinois the lead in a 42-41 victory over No. 9 Michigan State on Tuesday night.
Stu Douglass made a layup with 36.5 seconds remaining, and No. 20 Michigan held on through a wild final sequence to edge No. 9 Michigan State 60-59 on Tuesday night.
Tom Izzo did not receive assurances that Lebron James would remain in Cleveland, and no amount of money should be enough for him to risk having to coach the Cavaliers without him. So it appears […]
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!