Traffic to O’Hare was so backed up this morning between about 6 a.m. and 7 that people were getting out of cars and walking from the I-190 extension to the airport.
CBS 2 traffic reporter Derrick Young takes a look at a few of the biggest projects that will affect your commute.
If you’re heading out the door, new research shows you might be late for work, even if you think you’ve allowed enough time.
An accident is causing major backups on the Bishop Ford Expy. on Tuesday morning.
The 35th Annual Chicago Marathon is Sunday, which means there will be several road closures.
Better traffic signals and speed bumps could be coming to your neighborhood, with the city’s first ever pedestrian safety plan now in effect.
A man was shot and wounded Monday night on the busy stretch of Hollywood Avenue in the Edgewater neighborhood, where thousands of commuters head to and from Lake Shore Drive night and day.
The public got a glimpse on Thursday of some of the ideas being considered to ease congestion at the Chicago Circle interchange.
If you drive in the Chicago area, you’re going to find a recent study hard to believe.
The arrival of dignitaries in Chicago for the NATO summit will mean added headaches for motorists, who can expect to start seeing motorcades ferrying heads of state from the airport to the NATO summit site and hotels.
A semi accident is creating problems on the Stevenson Expressway and Tri-State Tollway.
Commuters experienced additional traffic troubles during the afternoon rush hour Thursday, as Vice President Joseph Biden came to Chicago.
Two trucks collided on the outbound Eisenhower Expy. on Tuesday, shutting down the expressway at Mannheim Road.
A 17-year-old boy has been charged with hitting and killing a 4-year-old girl in Tinley Park, three months after the deadly accident.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is proposing a new ordinance that might make it easier and safer to walk around downtown Chicago.
Traffic headaches should lessen Saturday afternoon as crews have re-opened the Dan Ryan Expressway near Cermak Road, 12 hours after a dump truck hit an overhead highway sign and left it ‘caved in and leaning’ over drivers.
There are signs the gasoline price crisis may be making Chicago traffic jams a little easier to bear.
A multi-vehicle crash this morning left one person injured and caused a major traffic jam on the Kennedy Expressway.
Drivers in Chicago could soon have a few more seconds to slow down and avoid tickets from red light cameras.
Police last spring began enforcing a new state law protecting pedestrians at crosswalks, but the crackdown seems to have faded months later.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!