U Of C
Police were called on Sunday to a protest at the University of Chicago Hospitals that was being held by a group who said they would not leave the Hyde Park medical center until the university commits to extend the age limit for patients at its children’s trauma center so that more trauma victims could get treatment there.
University of Chicago students who have outgrown the frat party scene have been complaining about the dearth of nightlife in Hyde Park for decades. But they will soon have one more option besides taking a seat at the long bar at Jimmy’s Woodlawn Tap.
College students never expect the equivalent of five-star hotel accommodations at their dorms, but some University of Chicago students say the conditions at one dorm cross the line to the unacceptable.
A University of Chicago employee was found hanged Sunday in the geophysical science lab building where he worked.
Occupy Chicago protesters plan to celebrate Monday, after the University of Chicago postponed a planned discussion with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
A young man has been sentenced to 120 years in prison for the murder of a University of Chicago Ph.D. Student four years ago.
Burglars made off with a load of copper wire that would stretch across 2 1/2 football fields at the construction site for a new arts center at the University of Chicago.
Youth activists and University of Chicago students marched to the U of C Medical Center to demand that the hospital reopen its trauma center.
Three University of Chicago students were robbed within a period of half an hour overnight, and one holdup happened right in the Main Quadrangle.
President Barack Obama’s term in office is not yet half over, but two universities are already vying for his presidential library.
A study is examining how social and physical environments interact with genetics to affect kids’ health.
With troops on the ground in Middle East, he says the United States is creating more terrorists than it is killing.
Fire officials are investigating an extra-alarm blaze that broke out at the University of Chicago’s Math-Stat Building on Tuesday evening, and left a firefighter injured.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.4028
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!