A spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago, Randall Samborn, confirmed on Thursday that authorities had arrested Kenneth Nave in Miami Wednesday. Sacred Heart’s owner, another hospital executive and four doctors were arrested Tuesday in an alleged kickback scheme.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson hopes the first lady will convey an urgent message to her husband when she returns from Chicago.
Brian James Moudry, 36, of the 300 block of South Reed Street in Joliet, pleaded guilty to using fire to interfere with the housing rights on the basis of race, according to a release from the U.S. Attorney’s office.
U.S. Sens. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) have sent the White House a list of four finalists to replace former U.S. Atty. Patrick Fitzgerald, who stepped down in June, after nearly 11 years as Chicago’s top federal prosecutor.
A former northwest suburban massage parlor owner who forced four foreign women into prostitution — and tattooed them with his moniker — was sentenced to life in prison Monday.
U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald has reached last day in office, and he is going out in much the same way he has served.
Veteran federal prosecutor Gary S. Shaprio will take over as acting U.S. Attorney when Patrick Fitzgerald steps down at the end of the month.
Robert Blagojevich, who was caught up in the federal investigation that saw his brother Rod Blagojevich sent to prison for 14 years, said U.S. Atty. Patrick Fitzgerald’s decision to resign was a good day for justice, claiming Fitzgerald overreached and was unfairly allowed to gather unchecked power.
U.S. Atty. Patrick Fitzgerald, who is stepping down from his post after nearly 11 years next month, said Thursday that he felt “blessed” to have served as the top prosecutor in northern Illinois.
U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald announced Wednesday that he will be stepping down at the end of next month.
A state lawmaker from the West Side was arrested on bribery charges on Tuesday.
A part-time Lyons Township high school worker is facing federal child porn charges after agents found over 1,000 explicit images on his computer.
The U.S. attorney’s office has indicted the Lake County coroner and three police officers as part of two separate public corruption investigations.
A former North Chicago school board member and the district’s former transportation director are under federal indictment today.
Walter Jacobson says there’s a message we should be taking away from the Blagojevich trial, about the far-reaching power of the U.S. Attorney.
Federal prosecutors have charged four more defendants in the 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India, as a Chicago man prepares to go to trial in the case.
If, as Blagojevich says, the U.S. Attorney has tapes that could save him from conviction and many years in prison, why not let the jury hear them? Walter Jacobson has an idea of the answer.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) says U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald is needed in Chicago, rather than in Washington running the FBI.
U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald may be in for a major promotion.
The U.S. Attorney’s office in Chicago collected about $99 million from criminal and civil debts in 2010.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!